4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 7:17 AM by brianr20171

Edge Animate - Hide Video when complete

brianr20171

Hi there, I'm new to Adobe Edge Animate and I am developing parts for a project that will contain video. Right now when I click on a link I have a video that slides in from off screen and plays.

Is there a way to automatically slide the video off screen when the video is done. Also keeping in mind the possibility that people will pause the video. I have it right now where if I let it play straight through, the video slides out at the end. But if I pause it then the video slide out before it's done. My approach is to have the timeline animation the same length of the video. Is there another way to do this through code?

Many Thanks in advance,

Brian

[Moved from the generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

• 1. Re: Edge Animate - Hide Video when complete
          joel_pau Level 5

Hi Brian,

You have an html5 event to get this: "ended".

You can code it using the composition ready panel:

sym.$("myAudioElement").bind("ended", function(e){ doSomething });

doSomething? It can be: sym.play("slide");

or: sym.$(e.target).hide();

• 2. Re: Edge Animate - Hide Video when complete
            brianr20171 Level 1

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your response to my question. Very much appreciated. I am still having some trouble making this work and I am wondering if you might help some more.

I thought I would give you some information on what I have in my timeline.

1. I have a symbol called " VideoContainer".

2. In that symbol I have a video called "Video_1".    I created an animation inside the "VideoContainer" symbol where "Video_1" slides in when triggered by a button. I added a stop trigger on the timeline once the video is full screen.

3. I placed your code in Composition Ready

Would the code look like:           sym.$("Video_1").bind("ended", function(e){ sym.play("slide"); });    or:

sym.$("Video_1").bind("ended", function(e){sym.$(e.target).hide();});

I am also wondering if there was a way to code a "play" action once the video is done playing. An action that plays the rest of the animation where the video slides out. The animation I created in the "VideoContainer" symbol timeline.

Thanks again Joel for any help. I'm new to this program and HTML 5. Working with this program is loads of fun and I am now planning  to find a good HTML 5 book to learn more.

Very best,

Brian

• 3. Re: Edge Animate - Hide Video when complete
              joel_pau Level 5

Hi Brian,

Here is a tuto ==> video symbol events.zip - Box

You can send me by private message your work if you don't succeed.

• 4. Re: Edge Animate - Hide Video when complete
                brianr20171 Level 1

Hi Joel,

Thank you so much. It works like a charm!

Very best,

Brian