• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2015 hyperlinks in book files don't work

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With FM 2015 the hyperlinks between files in a book don't map correctly when saving as HTML. Hyperlinks between points in a file are fine and links to external URLs are OK. Also, when I save the book as a PDF file the hyperlinks to other files in the book are fine. Any suggestions or is this an FM bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do the links look like (i.e. the complete url) when they don't map correctly? Are you breaking up the FM files on some paratags during the conversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I downloaded FM 2015 update 2 and again tried to convert my Help book to HTML with the same mapping problems. When the hyperlink is to another file in the book it maps as the raw file name rather than a hypertext link. I've included a portion of one HTML file with the bad hyperlinks commented out in order to show what is going wrong.

In the first example the link  /Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Help.htm#help should be mapping as just Help.htm#help.

Please advise!

Chuck Corry

<pre class="jive_text_macro jive_macro_code " jivemacro="code" ___default_attr="html" >

<p>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN"&gt;&lt;HTML&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;HEAD&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Style-Type" CONTENT="text/css"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Adobe FrameMaker 2015/HTML Export Filter"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="Help.css" CHARSET="ISO-8859-1" TYPE="text/css"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;TITLE&gt; Men&#39;s And Women&#39;s Resources &#151; By State&lt;/TITLE&gt;&lt;/HEAD&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;BODY&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;H1 class="Chapter"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-998197"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;MAP NAME="Help-3"&gt;</p>

<p><span>&lt;AREA SHAPE="RECT" COORDS="1,1,88,38" HREF="</span><a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://www.ejfi.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.ejfi.org</a><span>"&gt;</span></p>

<p>&lt;/MAP&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;IMG SRC="Help-3.gif" USEMAP="#Help-3" ALIGN="BASELINE" ALT=""&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_help"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;Men&#39;s And Women&#39;s Resources &#151; By State&lt;A NAME="50462816_marker-1026800"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/H1&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;HR ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=98% class="HorzRule"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1056315"&gt;&lt;/A&gt; &lt;/HR ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=98%&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;P class="Contents"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1061110"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p><span>&lt;A HREF="</span><a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://www.ejfi.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.ejfi.org</a><span>" class="URL"&gt;EJF Home&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</span></p>

<p>| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;!-- &lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Help.htm#help" class="Hypertext"&gt;Finding Help&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/HelpTOC.htm#contents" class="Hypertext"&gt;Places To Look For Help&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt; --&gt;</p>

<p><span>&lt;A HREF="</span><a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://www.ejfi.org/Join.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.ejfi.org/Join.htm</a><span>" class="URL"&gt;Join the EJF&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</span></p>

<p><span>&lt;A HREF="mailto:</span><a class="jive-link-email-small" href="mailto:comments@ejfi.org">comments@ejfi.org</a><span>" class="URL"&gt;Comments?&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</span></p>

<p><span>&lt;A HREF="mailto:</span><a class="jive-link-email-small" href="mailto:newsletter@ejfi.org">newsletter@ejfi.org</a><span>?Subject=Subscribe to EJF newsletter" class="URL"&gt;Get EJF newsletter&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</span></p>

<p><span>&lt;A HREF="</span><a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://www.ejfi.org/Press_releases.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.ejfi.org/Press_releases.htm</a><span>" class="URL"&gt;Newsletters&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</span></p>

<p>|&lt;/P&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;P class="CBullet"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1056316"&gt;&lt;/A&gt; &lt;/P&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1127807"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;STRONG class="Bold"&gt;</p>

<p>Issues of Public Interest&lt;/STRONG&gt;</p>

<p>&#151; | &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>Sites in the United States&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Public_not_US.htm#other" class="Hypertext"&gt; | &lt;/A&gt;&lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>Countries Other Than the United States&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>|&lt;/P&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1127811"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;!-- &lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Women_children.htm#women" class="Hypertext"&gt;Women&#39;s Issues&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Familiy_kids.htm#child" class="Hypertext"&gt;Children, Family, Marriage, and Elder Abuse&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Veteran_issues.htm#veterans" class="Hypertext"&gt;Veteran Issues And Resources&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Mental_health.htm#mental" class="Hypertext"&gt;Mental Health&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Gay_lesbian.htm#gay" class="Hypertext"&gt;Gay and Lesbian Issues&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>|&lt;/P&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1127816"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Columnists.htm#columnist" class="Hypertext"&gt;Authors, Columnists, Institutes, And Newspapers&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Law_research.htm#law" class="Hypertext"&gt;Law Research and Legal Help&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Surveillance.htm#surveillance" class="Hypertext"&gt;Surveillance Hardware And Software&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt; --&gt;</p>

<p>|&lt;/P&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A NAME="50462816_pgfId-1127820"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;| &lt;U class="Underline"&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;!-- &lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-Colorado.htm#colorado" class="Hypertext"&gt;State of Colorado&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>&lt;A HREF="/Mac/Host/Equal Justice Foundation/EJF Web site/Help/Chapter-United_States.htm#united" class="Hypertext"&gt;United States Government&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/U&gt;</p>

<p>|&lt;/P&gt; --&gt;</p>

</pre>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the FM book files all in the same folder? If not, then the (relative) path between the books will always be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Help files are all in the same folder. Bear in mind that I have been using FrameMaker since 1990, v. 2. These Help files and the book have existed for about 15 years and the problem with these hyperlinks only cropped up when I tried to upgrade to FM 2015.

Now is it possible with FM 2015 that the generated HTML files must also be kept in the same folder as the files generating them? In the past I've always kept the HTML files in a separate folder.

Also, I'll be happy to send all the Help book files for testing on request.

Note that the Help book generated before I tried to update to FM 2015 is online at http://ejfi.org/Help/Help.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't asking if all of the Help files were in the same location, but rather if the FM ".book" files are in the same folder prior to running the Publish step.

How, precisely, were you generating the HTML before FM2015 and are you using the same .sts file for the Publish module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FINALLY figured out the problem with hyperlinks in book files  not working with FM 2015. I'm running Windows 7 on a Mac using Parallels. That allows me to use any file on my Mac on Windows, a great feature that works fine as long as I don't try and generate HTML from a FM book file.

Also, to enhance performance I've put Parallels on as separate hard drive. That works great for most situations but FM 2015 apparently requires that book files be on the same hard drive as well as in the same folder when generating hyperlinks. So when I put the FM book files on the C: drive used by Parallels hyperlinks are generated correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines