2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 8:30 PM by Gutter-Fish

Saving simple keyframe data as a preset?

Gutter-Fish Level 4

Knowing there are behavioral presets in AE, I assume it is possible to save simple keyframe data as presets.  How would I do this?  Example:  saving a simple animation of the Scale, Position & Opacity of a text layer.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Saving simple keyframe data as a preset?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are complete instructions in the Help file. Just type save animation preset in the search help field at the top right corner of AE.

Basically you select the properties you want to include in the preset - that's everything with a keyframe or a modified property and go to Animation>Save Animation Preset. You put these in the default User presets folder for your system and then you can access them at any time. ANY or all properties of a single layer may be saved as an animation preset. I have build a library of more than 200 of my own custom presets for everything from automating animations like fly in bounce, fly out for layers to camera control setups. I use them every day.

• 2. Re: Saving simple keyframe data as a preset?
            Gutter-Fish Level 4

Thanks Rick.  I waste time everyday NOT having animation presets.  That's going to change.