5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 7:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions

nipperz

I want to upgrade my PSE 13 to PSE 14 but it is cheaper to just buy it out right. So my question is will I have to separate programs or will it just join together? If it is separate programs then how do I transfer all my tags and photos over to my new program? should I delete my old program before downloading my new one or wait till after? I really need help because I want the deal they are offering for pre-blackFriday.

• 1. Re: Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

An "upgrade" of Photoshop Elements is actually a whole installation of the program at a special "upgrade" price.

So whether you buy the upgrade or you just buy the program outright, you get the same, complete program. And, if you can find the program cheaper than the upgrade price, it's a great deal! Get it!

• 2. Re: Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions
            nipperz Level 1

will I have two programs on my computer if I just buy it outright?

• 3. Re: Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nipperz

Your thread is appearing in the Premiere Elements Forum (video editing). Your product appears to be Photoshop Elements related. You might want to re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there, especially about moving from one Elements Organizer to another (13 to 14).

Photoshop Elements

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/elements-organizer_reference.pdf

Photoshop Elements, like Premiere Elements, is only sold on an outright purchase basis. There is no subscription purchase for them as there is for the Creative Cloud application.

The Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements products are all standalone products, each coming with an Elements Organizer. When Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are on the same computer, they share the Elements Organizer 13. When Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are on the same computer, they share the Elements Organizer 14.

You can purchase Photoshop Elements 14 as the standalone product or in a bundle with Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14. Look at the description of the product being purchased. You can look at the free 30 day tryout from Adobe, either one at a time or together with separate download/install of the tryout for each.

Please consider and decide what is to your advantage to do.

ATR

• 4. Re: Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You'll have both the old version and the new version on your computer regardless of if you buy the program or just buy the upgrade. Installing the newer version does not erase the old.

• 5. Re: Buying PSE 14 instead of upgrading from PSE 13 questions
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

nipperz

You asked

should I delete my old program before downloading my new one or wait till after? I really need help because I want the deal they are offering for pre-blackFriday.

Wait till after.

That is one of the reasons that you should keep Photoshop Elements 13 and its Elements Organizer installed until after you have settled in with Photoshop Elements 14 and its Elements Organizer 14.

Please review my prior comments on the Photoshop Elements Forum as well as those on Elements Organizer upgrading.

Thanks.

ATR