I am trying to copy photos from LR on my laptop onto my desktop. Here is my preicedure:
1. I plug an external drive into the USB of my laptop.
2. I Export the photos and metadata/catalog I want from LR onto this external drive.
3. I eject the external drive.
4. I plug the external drive into my desktop computer.
5. I Import the desired photos and metadata/catalog into LR.
6. I eject the external drive.
The photos and metadata then appear in LR on my desktop computer as you would expect. However, if I Quit LR and later reopen it, the photo is still there but "Develop" mode says "The file could not be found."
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you, Akash Sharma. I will refer to the link you provided and will let you know how it goes. Much appreciated!
Thank you for your help. Interestingly, I found that the pathway to the correct folder listed in the light room preferences.”Location: /Users/mariafolsom/Library/Caches/Adobe Camera Raw” was wrong. I found the the photos by going to “Mac HD/mariafolsom/pictures/2015”
Thank you again,