1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 11:53 AM by Kevin-Monahan

PE14 - Timeline Issue

eZflaffer

Hello. My name is Ethan AKA eZflaffer on my Youtube channel and I am having problems with the following;

When I clicked "Add Media" and inserted my Logitech Webcam Software Footage and iPhone 6 front / inner camera footage into the project (timeline),  I noticed that the webcam footage is sped up, then returns to normal later. Then, as the video goes on, my iPhone 6 footage starts to de-sync with the audio. I have no idea why this is happening. I viewed the source videos from where it saved into my computer and everything is okay. PREMIERE ELEMENTS 14 IS THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM. (And I know because I attempted this TWICE by re-doing it in a new project)

The reason why I'm focused on having this synced is because the project I'm working on is an unboxing video. It has both of the videos on-screen at the same time; one to see my face, and the other to see my hands in action.

I need to have this video out before Wednesday ; I'm leaving to see family for Thanksgiving then. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

~ eZflaffer

• 1. Re: PE14 - Timeline Issue
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hello eZflaffer,

When I clicked "Add Media" and inserted my Logitech Webcam Software Footage and iPhone 6 front / inner camera footage into the project (timeline),  I noticed that the webcam footage is sped up, then returns to normal later. Then, as the video goes on, my iPhone 6 footage starts to de-sync with the audio. I have no idea why this is happening.

Edit: It appears that AT Romano gave you an a similar answer earlier.

You likely have footage that has a variable frame rate. Webcams often create variable frame rate video, as does the iPhone when shooting with its native camera application. Adobe editing applications do not handle variable frame rates very well, so you need to transcode them prior to ingesting them. A lot of users use the free application Handbrake to do that.

You can avoid the issue with the iPhone by trying a higher quality app that can shoot at a constant frame rate. This should solve that issue in the future.

I hope this info is helpful.

Thank you,

Kevin