4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 9:55 PM by ashishd64352316

Ashish Dewan - advice needed for Flash Player

ashishd64352316

Hi everybody, here is Ashish Dewan. I am a new member of this online discussion board. I am facing problems related to adobe flash player. Whenever I am trying to watch any video on YouTube or any other video site, I am unable to watch the video due to adobe flash crashed. I have uninstalled it 3 times and installed again but it is not working again and again. I am using Window 7 Operating system. Could you please help me to get rid of this problem. I am looking forward for your responses.

Thanks

Ashish Dewan

• 1. Re: Ashish Dewan - advice needed for Flash Player
          Carm01 Level 4

What web browser are you referring to; Firefox perhaps?

• 2. Re: Ashish Dewan - advice needed for Flash Player
            ashishd64352316 Level 1

Hello Carm, thanks for your response. I use Mozilla Firefox. I always prefer Firefox..

Thanks

Ashish Dewan

• 3. Re: Ashish Dewan - advice needed for Flash Player
              Carm01 Level 4

OK, so this has been a problem that only exists in Firefox most notably since the implementation of plugin-container.exe

This is 100% Firefox issue. I have found a partial solution that should help you out; hopefully.

I stumbled across this and it has worked 99% of the time to stop plugin crashes ( actually plugin-container.exe crashes but thinks that the plugin has crashed )

I hope you know how to make a BAT file? You can try this out on your system to see if it helps and if it does I will provide a link to a exe that sits in the system tray. ( Run one of these before you launch Firefox

Here is the BAT file code below. Try this first. it just runs in a loop, and you can minimize it to see if it helps.

You also might want to do a clean install. I simplified that process down to a script as well. You can browse either BAT version or exe here: Adobe Flash Updater - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

@echo off

:start

del C:\Windows\Prefetch\PLUGIN-CONTAINER*.pf >nul 2>&1

:: remove the >nul 2>&1 if you do not want to see messages like files does not exist for example

del C:\Windows\Prefetch\flashpl*.pf >nul 2>&1

del C:\Windows\Prefetch\firefox*.pf >nul 2>&1

del C:\Windows\Prefetch\PLUGIN-HANG*.pf >nul 2>&1

del C:\Windows\Prefetch\AGCP*.pf >nul 2>&1

timeout 30

goto :start

Hopefully something I provided helps

Best Regards

• 4. Re: Ashish Dewan - advice needed for Flash Player
                ashishd64352316 Level 1

Your reply is really helpful for me. When I use Google Chrome, the browser doesn't crash but Firefox is my preference and this the reasong why I am asking for help. I will try the process told by you and if I success to solve my problem thorugh your codes, I will save for future. Thanks for your kind support. I really appreciate you.

Regards

Ashish Dewan