5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 6:07 AM by Brucgovn

creative cloud uninstaller

Secheh Level 1

My creative cloud desktop stopped responding few days ago- couldn't logout, quit....nothing. Finally started to work on it's own but again, stopped responding. I have decided to uninstall the program and install it again. for entire day it showed uninstalling is in progress. Finally I stopped it ( forced quit ), hoping I can redo it again. Which I couldn't...it showed "Creative Cloud has been uninstalled with error". I installed and uninstalled it again. It's been 48 hours that the uninstalling is in progress.

Can you tell me what I should do from this point on?

Thanks

• 1. Re: creative cloud uninstaller
          Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

If you haven't tried below steps , try once :

Restart the computer.

Step 1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 5)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 6 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. It shud launch Adobe Creative Cloud app.

• 2. Re: creative cloud uninstaller
            bedvin16

I was not the one who asked the question but I had the same problem.  Your clear instructions solved the problem.  Thanks

• 3. Re: creative cloud uninstaller
              Secheh Level 1

I followed everything to STEP 5... It's been an hour that something is going on in the background ...it seems that the app is getting installed.

I haven't got to this point yet:Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

Problem: I can't figure out about the status of this application installation process, and can't open any of my files. A message pops up "Adobe application manager is required.....and it's missing"

Don't know what to do now.

Please help.

• 4. Re: creative cloud uninstaller
                Secheh Level 1

This question is marked as answered....but the problem is not solved. Please help

• 5. Re: creative cloud uninstaller
                  Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

First of all please accept my apology for late reply ,I  was busy , running around doing errands , u know life , bread and butter hehe

Are you still unable to run Adobe Cleaner tool ? 

It shud provide option like this :

You need to select first option and then hit Clean up selected button.

If you are still facing same issue , let us know , I will be happy to help.