2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 7:28 PM by johnharlin

I cannot highlite text in Acrobat XI standard

garys5525412

Like the title says:

I cannot highlite text in Acrobat XI standard

- Yes, I paid for this product

- No it is NOT a scanned form

- It is a form that I created about 3 weeks ago and cannot highlight any text

- It will not highlite on any form

I did a "Repair Acrobat Installation" but it did not fix it.

I CAN search / find a word

I CAN delete letters and type in new ones

Acrobat did this once before about 6 months ago, but I cannot remember what / how it fixed itself.

I searched here and almost all suggestions say you cannot do this to a scanned image.....well, it is not scanned.

Any ideas?

I am on a Windows 8.1 machine in case that is necessary to know

Thanks in advance

Gary

• 1. Re: I cannot highlite text in Acrobat XI standard
          garys5525412 Level 1

Thanks everyone.

I spent all day, about 5 hours of it anyway, trying a bit of this and that.

After I posted my issue here, I found that I could not:

- Start Task Manager

- Start / use system restore

- Boot into Safe mode

and a bunch of other normal daily tasks.

Plus, just turning off or on took 10 plus minutes and then trying to open a browswer took 5 or 10 minutes.

I tried running Malwarebytes and it for some strange reason showed almost twice the amount of scanned files as it had before.

I finally gave up trying all that and I just waited out the slow loading, went straight to my anti-virus program and configured and ran an in depth scan of anything I could.

It found 4 threats. It healed or removed them and I have been able to go on as if nothing had happened.

The threats were just tracking cookies but the online info on them stated that they could interfere in a machines processes.

Here is the report I got from it....in case you guys care to know:

QUOTE:

Whole Computer Scan

"Medium severity;""4"";""4"";""0"""

"Scanned:;""Scan Whole Computer"""

"Started:;""11/23/2015, 6:00:22 PM"""

"Finished:;""11/23/2015, 7:25:26 PM"""

"Number of items:;""324983"""

"Launched by:;""Gary"""

"Name;""Description"";""Status"";""Status"";""Priority"""

"C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC \INetCookies\4QJ5L74J.txt;""Found Tracking cookie.Mediaplex"";""Secured"";""Healed"";""Medium"""

"C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\UK0HLCSC.txt;""Found Tracking cookie.Atdmt"";""Secured"";""Healed"";""Medium"""

"C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC \INetCookies\T7KEUUAB.txt;""Found Tracking cookie.2o7"";""Secured"";""Healed"";""Medium"""

"C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC \INetCookies\6ZIJ3KYR.txt;""Found Tracking cookie.2o7"";""Secured"";""Healed"";""Medium"""

UNQUOTE

So, yes, thank you all for the effort and concern. I was about to use this laptop as a new target out at the range.

Gary

• 2. Re: I cannot highlite text in Acrobat XI standard
            johnharlin

That's intersting because I cannot delete the hilight in text in Acrobat 11 but could do so in 10 and earlier versions.