1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 7:04 PM by travissentell

Why won't Lightroom import from my iPhone

JVee

Lightroom will no longer import from my iPhone.

When I try to import from LR, the import screen drops the connection and I'm unable to select the images to import before this happens. Once dropped, I have to disconnect the reconnect the iPhone before it reappears in the import screen - then the issue repeats. Lightroom, seemingly, drops or ejects the iPhone within a couple of seconds.

If I quickly click import without selecting images the copy screen hangs for ages then reports: '... files cannot be read'

I see various threads covering this but no solution. I have an iPhone 6s plus, Mac Pro (late 2013), Mac OS 10.11.1 and Lightroom 6.3.

I can successfully import with Image Capture so it's not an iPhone/cabling issue.

None of this happened with previous phones and before upgrading to OS 10.11.1 - unfortunately I did both around the same time.. However, both Mac and iPhone work fine when Lightroom isn't involved.

I've spoken at length with Apple about this - they say it's a Lightroom issue. Can anyone help?