1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 7:17 PM by marye72439739

Acrobat not working

benjaminseides

2 issues. I have most updated acrobat XI pro running on Macbook Air with El Capitan everything updated on the OS side as well. When I try to "create a PDF from file" and then attempt to open any file I want to convert (Word, Excel, etcfor example), first a blank word doc comes up then it gives an error message "Acrobat could not open 'Example.docx' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).    To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then choose Save as Adobe PDF from the PDF dropdown in the Print dialog." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat and no dice. This never happened before and I have had Acrobat for almost a year and it has been working flawlessly on this machine. And then the program crashed.  I can still create a PDF by opening the document in its native app then saving as PDF file but previously I could do it entirely through acrobat. And it happens on multiple documents types and the document files themselves are fine as I checked and then created dummy files for the purpose of demonstrating the issue. Second, when I try to save a PDF as a reduced size file, I am getting an error message saying I don't have suffcient permissions or disk space. This is also a new issue. No new installs either. Anyone can help please?