16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2017 9:17 AM by twaritar3263062

That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

dianej30128203 Level 1

So I finally got a chat to appear when trying to cancel after my credit card had been charged. First they tried to charge me a cancellation fee. Now I am being told the amount charged to my account will not be refunded. This is terrible. It clearly shows below that many other people had the same problem. This was a trial. I can see if I had downloaded the amount of pictures for the month. But I have downloaded 1 picture and that was at the beginning of the trial. I will do what ever I have to do to get my money refunded. I mean all last week, there was not CHAT option, no number or email to cancel just given  the option to click the forum. Now that  you have charge my account the chat option appears. I even tried this morning when I posted the first forum comment. Thats why I decided to try to forum. Sound fishy and fraudulent to me.

• 1. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you didn't cancel within the first 30 days then there is a cancellation fee. It is right in the agreement when you sign up for any subscription with Adobe. So if it was after the 30 days you may be out of luck. If it was before the 30 days then your chat representative is clearly not up to speed with how it works. Then again if it was before the 30 days you would have already been refunded the first month.

• 2. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
            Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi dianej

I have processed a refund for the 2nd month as a gesture of goodwill.

Kind regards

Bev

• 3. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
              Glitchy Level 1

I agree. I signed up for 30-day trial. I got an email reminding me to download my 10 free images. I went to download them and it kept taking me to the pricing page. I called adobe support and after being transferred to 3 different support agents, I was finally able to resolve that they somehow got my "activation" dates mixed up. They showed me in the system as having signed up on Oct 12th but according to the email I just got 11/23 I still had until 11/30 to download 10 free images. It took 3 agents and 40 minutes of my time to make sure that we weren't going to be automatically signed up for a subscription and at the end of all of that... I didn't even get my 10 free images. WHAT A PAIN!!! Don't even bother with the free trial. More hassle than it is worth.

• 4. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

Hi Glitchy

Sorry for the frustration caused.  I've re-activated the Stock credits on your team account.

With the team offer you don't have to sign up for a subscription first.

Thanks

Bev

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                  Glitchy Level 1

So this does not sign my team up for Adobe Stock, right? I want to make sure of that because we currently have a contract with an alternative stock provider at this time. Thanks!

• 6. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                    dianej30128203 Level 1

Brad, the problem was that I tried to cancel within my 30 days. As you can see if you read other discussions in this forum, others had the same issue. The cancel option was not readily available when you clicked on manage account and cancel subscription. That option did not become available to me until yesterday afternoon, when it was past my trial period. Same issue many other people had.

• 7. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

That's correct.  You can use the images without signing up for a subscription as you have CC for teams.

Thanks

Bev

• 8. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                        dianej30128203 Level 1

Thanks Beverly, after reading other people's thread. I think the problem could have been I still had CC. I see one person said he had to cancel the who Creative Cloud Subscription to the stock trial. My CC subscription ended over the weekend, which probable allowed me the option to cancel stock directly after that. Before that, it was just an option to post to the forum and no chat ever appeared.

• 9. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

Hi dianej

We are aware of an issue where customers with a Stock plan are unable to get phone/chat support.  We're sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and hope to have it fixed very soon!

Kind regards

Bev

• 10. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                            Soopanoodle Level 1

This seems like the only relatable forum I can get through to. I have had to freeze my bank account and get PayPal fraudsters to help me out. But my last hope is to contact you guys to see what is actually happening.

I have never installed or signed up for any adobe system programs however £23+ had been taken from my account and then a further £107+ (both in November) had been removed due to what looks life fraud. I can not find another way to contact yourselves other than through phone calls. However I do not have 2 seconds in the day to be put on hold 3+ times again. This needs to be sorted asap as I have never/nor would have agreed to these prices. Since this has been wiped from my account I cannot get Christmas sorted for my 2yr old son. I am extremely worried and upset about this. I hope you's can help and get to the bottom of this. Obviously I am expecting a full refund at the end of the day as I did not sign up or agree to these payments.

• 11. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                              twaritar3263062 Adobe Employee

Hi Chelsea,

Please check your private message.

Regards

Twarita

• 12. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                                kamelc49282876 Level 1

Me too I had been through the same situation that only discovered today and I have already posted on this chat.

All began when I have been an advertisement about the new Adobe Stock Photos and a one month free trial for that product.

I gave it a try without having any opportunity to go through or download any picture since I enrolled for that trial. When I realized that I was charged after the trial period expired, I was really upset, but I recognized that it was clearly stated into the email notification that I noticed only when the trial period expired.

Then I tried to contact Support team but no phone number is provided or even an email address I can use fro dispute and ask for a refund.

Being so disappointed, I decided to go and to cancel the subscription right away, and I did it so fast, that again I did not believe what I’ve seen, afterward.

There was like a $160 early cancellation fee that was neither enough emphasized on the cancellation page nor even mentioned within the company's email notification.

I can't believe it that such a misleading and non sense situation may come from a very well respected and reputed company like Adobe.

It is also an acceptable situation that I would certainly dispute through any channel or mean available to protect consumers'.rights.

• 13. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                                  Soopanoodle Level 1

I don't actually know how to get into private messages on here. Taken me all this time to do comment on a forum. I'll have a look and see if can find it

• 14. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

Hi Kamel,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles, however, I have checked your account details and noticed that you had an Adobe Stock subscription 10 images a month (one year) plan which was purchased on 29th of October 2017.

I would like to let you know that service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details. You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle. You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for duration of your first annual contract.

If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded. If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation.

Since you have not canceled your subscription within 14 days, there was a deduction in your account (the early termination fee i.e $160)

You may also refer to Legal subscription terms | Adobe for more details.

You may also contact our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support? for further clarification.

In case you are unable to reach  support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Regards

Twarita

2 people found this helpful
                                    • 15. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.
                                      Soopanoodle Level 1

Everytime I get a reply, it's the same information. I understand all this. However I did NOT sign up for any of this! I cannot say it any other way. I have been scammed through PayPal and have gotten all my details. I have had to cancel bank account, PayPal, ebay and set up everything I use again due to this... I only have this account on here as I was told I needed an account to contact yourselves to get this sorted... And just going round in circles.

I have no emails, subscription or reference number to refer to as I did not agree to this. I don't nor have I ever needed Adobe (anything) on my laptop and rarely on it anyway. So why would I agree to something I don't need?

• 16. Re: That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me.

Hi Chelsea,

It seems that the issue has been resolved for you. Please update the thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita