4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 7:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Scene Menu not showing up in the final video -

janetv2020

I have manual scene markers setup, I selected the menu theme, but when I render the movie, the menu does not show up.  Is there a setting somewhere to do that when rendering?  I am exporting to a local hard drive.  Using Windows 10 64-bit.

• 1. Re: Scene Menu not showing up in the final video -
          A.T. Romano Level 7

janetv

What version of Premiere Elements on Windows 10 64 bit?

But, I think the answer is going to be the same whatever that answer.

Premiere Elements (any version) does not offer menus for export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

Menus are for burn to products with the exception for earlier versions which offered an export of a WebDVD which was in reality a flash file with menu. WebDVD is gone in 13/13.1 and 14.

Please consider and then let me know if want I have just written applies to you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Scene Menu not showing up in the final video -
            janetv2020 Level 1

I have Premier Elements 14.

I think you are correct - I was looking through the instructions which are not real clear about that, but I did find a video on menus, which also was not real clear, but it did say to use the export to DVD option. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Scene Menu not showing up in the final video -
              janetv2020 Level 1

The trouble is I can't get the quality for fitting on a DVD.

• 4. Re: Scene Menu not showing up in the final video -
                A.T. Romano Level 7

janetv

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay. I got detoured.

It appears that you have been exporting to file saved to the computer hard drive. As mentioned, that route does not offer menus. It is the burn to products that offer menus.

What have you been looking at in Expert & Share/Disc/, the DVD or AVCHD? You will get the lesser quality product in the DVD choice. However, the end product would be expected to be played back on at least the regular DVD player. Although the AVCHD on DVD disc offers the higher resolution, the end product cannot be played back on a regular DVD player. It needs a Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD on DVD disc or one of the multi media players that support AVCHD on DVD disc.

Also important is how much content that you are trying to get on the DVD disc with "Fit Content To Available Space" to make the fit.

Keep in mind that DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120.0 minutes is in reality 4.38 GB and DVD disc labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes is in reality 7.95 GB.

Please consider, and then let us know if we can offer supplemental information to make this project work for you. Please include Space Required and Bitrate readings (with check mark next to "Fit Contents To Available Space")  in burn dialog before you begin the burn to.

Thank you.

ATR