5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2015 12:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14

havanna63

Hey Adobe, can you explain me, what's in your brain, when you redesign the audio mixer in Premiere Elements 14?

You (Adobe) have a big advertising for the "News" with Premiere Elements 14 - include the audio mixer. So I bought the update in the hope that there is an equalizer for the sound... O.k. big disillusionment - there is no equalizer...

But a disimprovement: In Premiere Elements 13 I can you right mouse click to adjust the output level fast. Now I can't use right mouse click. I have to jump to menu. Big improvement!!!

Even better: In Premiere Elements 13 I can adjust the audio level diverent in one track for every section. Now, in Premiere Elements 14 I can't do it.

Do Adobe want to reduce the functions on every product (like Adobe Lightroom)?

• 1. Re: Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hayvanna63

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way.

Where do you find a difference in the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 Audio Mixer?

What is supposed to be included as new in 14 is the Audio View in the Expert workspace. Have you read the details of that.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Audio View

The new Show Audio View features a new Master Meter which retains the function of the Audio Meter (now gone from Windows Menu) and offers the perk of adjusting the volume of the whole project if wanted.

I would like to know what was the specific source of your information on what you wrote...

You (Adobe) have a big advertising for the "News" with Premiere Elements 14 - include the audio mixer.

Are you referring to Clip Gain in the following...which is now in 14 right click, Clip, Audio Gain, Clip Gain dialog....

Premiere Elements 13 I can you right mouse click to adjust the output level fast. Now I can't use right mouse click. I have to jump to menu.

as compared to13's right click, Audio Gain, Clip Gain dialog?

If interested, a question about audio equalizer came up for Premiere Elements 12 and appears to apply to later versions as well.

Audio-Equalizing on PRE12

If you purchased from Adobe and are within 14 days of purchase, you can apply for return/refund. The details are in the following link

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14
            havanna63 Level 1

A.T. Romano - I know, that this is not Adobe - but because Adobe block every direct contact, this is the only one place, where employees of Adobe read....

To me, the improvements of Version 14 looks the same, as the damn umgrade of the import dialoge of Adobe Lightroom.

Thank you for your first link - is there any advantage of the version 13 - no!

I don't see what you meen with Audio Gain, Clip Gain in the German version. Could be in your version - but not in mine. To adjust the level I can go over the menu Tools > Audiomixer (But in this way I adjust the audio level for the whole track) or (with right mouse click) resolve the conjunction between audio and video and than I can adjust the output level for this part. Two mouse clicks more than before - where is the improvement??!!!

It remember me to the song of Dire Straits - money for nothing....

• 3. Re: Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

havanna63

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 (English or German), please look again.

Your major tool seems to be the Audio Mixer. I have found the Tools Menu/Audio Mixer of 13/13.1 and 14 to behave the same. And, I would dispute with you that you are adjusting the whole track. You are adjusting selected components of the whole track, not the whole track. I can give you examples at a later time if you are interested. And, even to do what you can, there are some extras clicks in even that.

However, in other areas of the project, there have been changes in the audio opportunities...Expert workspace Timeline and its Show Audio View (Master Meter and other). I posted the link on that for you. There have been those 13/13.1 users wanting to mute a whole track versus just the components of that track. One example, you cannot mute the sound from one whole audio track in Premiere Elements 13/13.1. You can in 14 with the Mute Audio option next to the name of the audio track. Please refer to my encounter with this type of mute question for 13/13.1.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: About Disabling Sound For Whole Audio Track

I mentioned Audio Gain/Clip Gain because it sounded as if that is where the extra clips might be to get to the feature that you mentioned.

The feature that you really wanted was not there in the first place. And, the new features were not what you wanted. Did you look at the tryout of 14 before purchase?

There is a free 30 days tryout from Adobe of its current version 14. Since it has reduced its return/refund from 30 to 14 days, I would suggest it is important to look at the tryout before purchase to give yourself extra time with the program before making your decisions.

I am a user of the programs. If you are interested, we could exchange results on these audio issues in your thread.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14
                popis71684535

I am agree with you..I have just the trial version..In the beginning I found much interesting the sound effects...

And discovering at the end that there is not equalizer..It does not show the channels neither on the timeline..I have a 5.1 surround audio..I thought it was supporting 5.1...

• 5. Re: Audio Mixer Premiere Elements 14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

popis

Please consider

If you have a project preset described for 5.1 channel and you import a video clip with 5.1 channel audio, then you will see

1. In both the Show Classic View and Show Audio View, the audio track marked with a "5.1".

2. In the Show Audio View, you will see 5 channels in the Master Meter.

And, in Show Classic View or Show Audio View, five wave forms in the representation on the audio track 5.1 clip, five channels for the numbered audio tracks in the Audio Mixer.

Not all the project presets are described for 5.1 channel. If that is the case, you can create you own project presets which include 5.1 channels in their descriptions. Please refer to the following which can apply to 11 at least 11 through 14.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe11-exporting-1080p25-or-1080p30-file.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

And, also refer to

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/11/pe-14-51-channel-audio-export.html

Please consider.

ATR