• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instrumenting the AIR iOS or Android application

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to use automation tools to test against my apk and ipa files on real devices. These automation tools need viability to the UI object IDs. This may be known as instrumenting the application. Is this at all possible using the AIR runtime environment?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Android, you can use the UIAutomator framework to automate the UI for AIR android apps. To get the info regarding UI objects used in AIR android app, you can use the uiautomatorviewer tool which comes with the android sdk(location: sdk/tools/uiautomatorviewer).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I hope that helps too. I'll know shortly. I need to be able to expose the objects via the adb interface.

Can you tell me if there is a method to expose the oids on iOS?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried it and it's not giving the information. you can see in the example below that only the higher level is displayed but not the fields (united states, english or the button in this example)

do we need to change anything in the way we compile the app?

air-example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The mobile application under test a hybrid application (web application).  Is there a way to expose the GUI OIDs?  The previous suggestions were appreciated but not applicable in our clients case.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines