1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 7:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Can i change duration of a motion title?

erinkruse

Hi, I added a template title from the menu bar, and it is defaulting to 9 seconds for the full animation. I would still like it to do the animation, but in 5 seconds (just a bit faster). I tried trimming it, but then it won't allow me to change the text again, and it doesn't complete the full animation. Any advice?

• 1. Re: Can i change duration of a motion title?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

erinkruse

According to the Adobe description of Premiere Elements 14 Motion Titles

You cannot trim motion titles or edit a motion title after splitting it. Editing is also disabled for time-stretched clips.

You can find the original version of the motion title clip that was trimmed in Project Assets. (bin)

this is found https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/motion-titles.html

What specific Motion Title are you working with?

I created one Motion Title with 6 seconds duration and one with 8 seconds and then, after creating them, used the Time Stretch Tool to take each to a duration of 5 seconds.

I did not have problem with either one and getting the full animation complete.

Motion Titles used: onlinetypography07 and WeddingLowerThirdTwo. Animation was FadeInByCharacter

Please give more details, and I will give this a look with your details. The idea is to create the Motion Title before any trimming or Time Stretching which will block you from further editing the Motion Title.

Please consider.

ATR