I was getting a similar problem, Sequencer Defunct on Slideshow Module, when I select the tab
You could try this fix, worked for me!
Hi Stephen, I made some changes of the video_toolkit.dll. Would it be possible that you replace the 6.3 video_toolkit.dll with the new video_toolkit.dll and see if the problem is still happen? Please download the new video_toolkit.dll from the URL: http://adobe.ly/1kQp9MD, and they follow those steps below,
1. Uninstall your current version of Lr 6.2.1 and install Lr 6.3.
2. Goto the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\ and find a DLL named 'video_toolkit.dll'.
3. Rename it to 'video_toolkit.dll.original".
4. Down load the 'video_toolkit.zip' from Yuhong's CC shared url link (http://adobe.ly/1kQp9MD,). Unzip it.
5. Copy the 'video_toolkit.dll' from the unzipped folder to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\.
6. Relaunch Lr 6.3 and see if the video problem persists.
Thanks a lot!
Hi wu yuhong
I upgraded from v6.1.1 to v6.3
I then replaced the "video_toolkit.dll" in the directory you specified
Well done !
Slide show module is now working , no error
Thanks a lot for your asnwer. Unfortunately doesn't work for me.
Thanks a lot for your answers. Unfortunately doesn't work for me ;-(
Quick Time Player was already installed. I've uninstall and reinstall.
Doesn't work, always the same problem.
Do you have any music files attached to it as well?
Would you also please create a new Lightroom catalog for testing purpose and add some images to it and try to make a slideshow.
No music files attached.
Also tested with a new catalog with only 10 images and doesn't work.
Could you please try the below steps:
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences(Mac) or Edit> Preferences(Windows)
- Click on the Performance
- Uncheck “Use Graphic Processor” and Restart Lightroom
Reset Lightroom preferences by holding the shift + option (Mac) or shift+alt (Windows) while launching Lightroom.
Solution 1 and 2 tested. No one works :-(
It may be user permissions related. It’s a good idea to verify that the issue is related to user permissions now.
To do so, Could you please create a new user account with Administrator rights and test Lightroom in the new account.
Tested. It doen't work. Always the same problem
Thanks for your answer, but no, ... don't work. :-((