• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Workflow Notification Email From Address

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to do a couple of things with the workflows on BC.

I have a basic contact form and at the moment notification are being sent to me from my own address.

How can I set this up so that the from address is the email inputted into the form?

Secondly. I want to remove my email address from receiving any of these notifications as this site is for a client and I don't want to receive an email every time someone contacts them.

I currently have both the client and myself set up as Admins and the Workflow is sending notifications to Admins. How can I get around this so that I still have full access, but don't receive these messages and that my client continues to have full access?

Thanks

Andrew

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Was the site uploaded via Muse? May I have the site URL so that I may check the site plan and based on that provide answers to your questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a muse site. I've used a template and have re-skinned it, so the contact form was there to start with. There is a lot of baggage on the site (scripts, styles & some back end elements I'm not using) that I will be clearing out shortly.

URL: http://sessionhire.businesscatalyst.com/‌

I'm really just looking for a dynamic tag that I can replace MY ADMIN EMAIL ADDRESS with and then some way to stop me from receiving these emails.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.22.46 a.m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To answer your queries :

1. To change the From email address , Go to site manager > system emails > Default " from " email , refer to screenshot below :

2. How can I set this up so that the from address is the email inputted into the form?  I am afraid its not possible , the from email address would be the one you define as explained above.

3. I want to remove my email address from receiving any of these notifications? To do this, you will need to make sure the role responsible for the workflow is not the one you are added to.

In this case, best option is to create a " NEW ROLE " via Site settings > user roles > new role > add client's email address to that role . Once done, you will need to get to the workflow that is linked to this contact form via  Site settings > Manage Workflows > Click to the workflow that is attached to contact form > Add Steps > Notify by Email > role responsible > assign the new user role that was created to it.> Save step

Take a look :

I hope this helps..

Regards

Anshul Sharma | Adobe Business catalyst Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've changed all the above.

My only issue is my client will be receiving an email from themselves every time someone contacts them. This is far from ideal for a number of reasons.

1. Chances of email landing in junk folder is increased

2. Chances of overlooking email is increased

3. The amount of times they are going to hit reply, only to realise that they have just replied to themselves, or worse still, not realise that they have replied to themselves is going to be more frequent than zero, which is too often.

How do you suggest I work around this issue other then telling my clients that they need a separate email address solely to deal with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only forms filled out on the website will send them an email.

for example:

- a contact form

(and that is exactly what you want to happen --> a notification email with details of the contact sent to client so they can follow up)

Their individual email accounts will not be effected and will not be going through BC after the first email.

*unless you have ticketing set up or something..(if that is the case, turn it off)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. What I want to happen is the email in the from field to match the email entered into the contact form so that my client can simply click reply to respond to the message.

The same way they would if they were using, Contact 7/Gravity Forms on WP or any PHP based contact form.

This wouldn't route emails through BC either.

The last thing I want is the email coming from their own email address, which will lead to confusion, but that appears to be my only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'from' address is what the person / contact who has filled out a form see's when they get an email confirmation.

the reply-to will reply to the actual person who needs help just by clicking reply to the notice email...

client fills out form - yes initial from to office says "from: but the title can be chosen, filters set up..etc."

somebody at the office gets the email, reads it and wants to reply..

they simply press reply in the email client.. and it replies to the customer.

If you are just concerned about the 'business catalyst - notice" saying it is coming from the email you put in..

that is something you will have to filter - you can decide the name "title" and make it clear its a contact request from website.

Otherwise, I don't see the problem sorry I couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where else could the email be coming from? WEBSITE@businessname.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

andreww68947879  wrote

I'm looking to do a couple of things with the workflows on BC.

I have a basic contact form and at the moment notification are being sent to me from my own address.

How can I set this up so that the from address is the email inputted into the form?

Secondly. I want to remove my email address from receiving any of these notifications as this site is for a client and I don't want to receive an email every time someone contacts them.

I currently have both the client and myself set up as Admins and the Workflow is sending notifications to Admins. How can I get around this so that I still have full access, but don't receive these messages and that my client continues to have full access?

Thanks

Andrew

I know this is a couple years old, but to answer your first question, you can't change the From field to anything other than what other posters have mentioned BUT you could try changing the form HTML.

Locate the email field and add a the name "_replyto" this should allow the end user to click reply and have the filler's email address in the To field instead of the one that's in the From field.

input type="text" name="_replyto" id="EmailAddress"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines