3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 10:52 AM by resdesign

Missing font when publishing to a server

tangmon Level 1

Why am I getting these symbols â€< at the beginning of all of my text in Edge when I publish to a server? I know that usually means missing fonts. But I’m using Arial, everything looks fine in the preview and when I publish on to our network. Thank in advance.

• 1. Re: Missing font when publishing to a server
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believey you have an hidden character that shows up. You might want to copy your text through notepad or something similar in Mac to get rid of these.

• 2. Re: Missing font when publishing to a server
            tangmon Level 1

Hi resdesign,

Thanks for the response.  That's what we thought too, however some of the text is manually typed not copy and pasted and still having the issue. For example, the "Risk Management Principles" and the learner prompt at the bottom left, "To learn more, select each RM Principle." were manually typed in. Here's a screen cap of it. 

Btw, can you explain why the text in the reveal box has expanded outside of the box at the bottom and the prompt text at the bottom of the screen on the left is on 2 lines?  In my Edge work file and preview, they are in the box and one line as they should be.

Edge text issue.png

• 3. Re: Missing font when publishing to a server
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Fonts are rendered differently in each browser and also depending on screen resolution. You should extend your text box some more in the UI so It does not occur.

For the strange Characters, I would suggest you try another font and see if you still have the problem. it may be a problem with that font in particular.