• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version Control question related to Visual SourceSafe.

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2006 Nov 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RoboHELP HTML (RH) project that is set up for version control with Visual Source Safe (VSS). Now I need to create a copy of this project and set up version control for it as well. I tried copying the RH files and adding the copy to VSS. But when I open the XPJ file from the copied folder, it still has references to the version controlled original folder.

There are a lot of files in the copied folder that has references to the original VSS location. How do I make this copied project a self-containing version-controlled project with no references to the original?

Thanks,
K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2006 Nov 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrrr, K, you really do need to read the forum posting guidelines. I just posted a possible solution to your post over in a completely different category. This is called "cross posting" and we tend to take a very dim view of it here. The reasons are outlined in the posting guidelines.

The other thread can be viewed by clicking here

The forum posting guidelines can be viewed by clicking here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2006 Nov 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My apologies, Rick. I am fighting a very aggressive deadline so I just wanted to make sure that my post was seen and answered. I am sure you've heard this excure before, but I just want to say I am sorry for this. My sincere apologies once again for flouting the posting rules.

Regards,
K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp