5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 9:26 AM by A.T. Romano

What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?

MGW of Boulder Level 1

Premiere Elements 11

MS Windows 7

I have Archived Several Projects to the 2nd hard drive on my system.  All of the project resources appear to be there but the PRV folder is empty.  Am I doing something wrong?

I am using "Project Archiver and the "Copy Project" option.

• 1. Re: What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

Before you archived the project using the Copy Project option, did you first verify that you could go to Premiere Elements 11's  Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder and see preview files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder? I asked that as a just in case question, since I too am having problems locating the preview files in the Copied Folder from a Premiere Elements 11 and 12/12.1 Project Archiver/Copy Project option.

I am looking into this matter know to try to determine why.

ATR

• 2. Re: What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?
            MGW of Boulder Level 1

I did not check ahead of time but, I do not see any files in the Premiere Elements 11's  Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder.

Now, I am also using by 2nd hard drive for my project so, Premiere Elements may have a hard time doing that.  The “Auto Save” files are where I would expect them to be.

• 3. Re: What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

I am still in the hunt for an answer to this. I too must be missing something.

In Premiere Elements 11 and other versions of Premiere Elements, I can render the Timeline and have the project automatically generate preview files that I can find saved on the computer hard drive. But, when I archive the project using Copy Project option, the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder is generated in the Copied Folder from the archiving, but there are no preview files in the that Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder.

All the Adobe documentation describes the Copied Folder to contain preview files.

a. I cannot believe that I have not run into this before.

b. I cannot image what could have changed if it worked before but not now.

Still thinking about this.

ATR

• 4. Re: What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?
                MGW of Boulder Level 1

I found the Project File (prel) in my Archive.  It was indeed in the “copied” folder.  There are so many files it that folder I had a hard time finding it.

I still do not know why the rendered preview files don’t show up.  I’m not sure I have ever had any of them in an archive.

• 5. Re: What happens to the Project File When I Archive A Project?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

Thanks for the update.

I have been hunting for preview files in the Copied Folder based on what you wrote originally

there but the PRV folder is empty

I am not having any problems finding the project file (.prel) in the Copied Folder....it is just that empty Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder in the Copied Folder that has me in a puzzlement.

Glad that you are OK with the project file in the Copied Folder.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR