Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying Multiple File Attachment on BC Forms - Only First File Available in CRM

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am allowing users to attach multiple files using BC forms.

The code is working on the user side but then I can only find the first uploaded file (photos) in the "Case, Related Files", all other attachments are not there.

Here is the code I have for the file attachment input field:

"<input class="cat_textbox" type="file" name="FileAttachment" id="FileAttachment" multiple data-imagevalidate="yes" capture="camera" file-accept="jpg, jpeg, png" file-maxsize="3718"/>"

I don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this doc: Customizing WebForms

Each file attachment needs a unique name and ID. IE:

<input class="cat_textbox" type="file" name="FileAttachment1" id="FileAttachment1" multiple data-imagevalidate="yes" capture="camera" file-accept="jpg, jpeg, png" file-maxsize="3718"/>

<input class="cat_textbox" type="file" name="FileAttachment2" id="FileAttachment2" multiple data-imagevalidate="yes" capture="camera" file-accept="jpg, jpeg, png" file-maxsize="3718"/>

etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lynda,

What I successfully achieved was to give users the possibility to select multiple photos on their phone or desktop with one input and to submit the form successfully (see attached screenshots).

The main issue is that on the back-end, in the CRM, there is only the first one file and the others seem to "evaporate".

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 2.30.52 PM.png

Selecting multiple files with control+select (also works on mobile).

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 2.31.08 PM.png

Input shows that 3 files have been selected for submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you please share the site URL and link to the page where the form is placed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

The URL is Fyxme.com, the form is: Home in the accordion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I checked the page and the form you have placed on the home page , I can see you have placed one field to attach file , hence when the form is submitted, only one file gets uploaded in CRM cases , take a look :

In order to have, multiple files uploaded when form is submitted, you will need to modify the Form code and have multiple similar file attachment fields added to the form . This way,  user will then have option to upload multiple files to individual file attachment fields.

For more details on this and to know how to have this implemented,  you may find this tutorial helpful : Customizing WebForms

Regards

Anshul Sharma | Adobe Business catalyst Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Anshul,

So using "multiple" in the input code only allows miltiple files in the  front-end but not in the back-end right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines