5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 8:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier element 12 suggestion

merlabud

Hi I’m Neil I have Adobe Elements 12. I like to use the slideshow function to produce my photo slide shows and then show them on my television set. However I find that the elements default screen size if the old 4:3 format and most digital cameras today use 16:9 screen the same as the modern TV screens. In using the 4:3 format you lose part of the photo has Adobe considered using the 16:9 screen so that nothing is lost when you show the finished product on the TV without having to adjust the TV screen to showcase the whole programme?.

• 1. Re: Premier element 12 suggestion
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Neil

Where are you creating this slideshow - in the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor or in the Premiere Elements 12 Editor Expert or Quick workspace?

If in the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, are you working with or without check marks next the Crop options in Slideshow preferences?

If you are creating the slideshow solely in the Premiere Elements Editor, we can discuss that next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier element 12 suggestion
            merlabud Level 1

Look I understand what you are saying, And I am working in Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, which is a great programme except at the end of the project one needs to adjust the screen size of the TV to show the programme in full screen and thereby distorting of cropping the photo. All I ask that Adobe consider adding a screen or crop size that will result in the photo showing in full screen on a modern TV without cropping or distorting the photo?. I feel most people would show their slideshow projects on a TV screen. Is this concept possible for Adobe to achieve, as I feel it would add to the appeal of their product to its customers. Neil

• 3. Re: Premier element 12 suggestion
              A.T. Romano Level 7

merlabud

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum.

To this point, I was not making any comments, just trying to put together some background information on what you need to do.

Can your TV DVD player playback DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9 on DVD disc? For a NTSC setup that is 720 x 480 with the player recognizing the 16:9 flag and stretching it to about 872 x 480 16:9 for display after encoding. That is the way it is - Premiere Elements or not produced.

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that you are taking into the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor? From what you have written, they are 16:9 and not 4:3 or 3:2.

In the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, if you use the Slideshow Editor's Crop to Fit or Fit on Slide, you can still get a 16:9 Editing space in Premiere Elements - and no distortion.

If you do not confirm the point that I am trying to make, I will demo it with screenshots.

Please review the TV settings to assure that they are set for DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD when you play back the end product from Premiere Elements Editor burn to. In the case of DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9 on DVD disc, it is necessary for the player to recognize the 16:9 flag for the instruction to stretch the video (in this case to 872 x 480 16:9) for display after encoding.

Have you tried to create your slideshow solely in the Premiere Elements Editor?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier element 12 suggestion
                merlabud Level 1

Thanks for explaining a few thing about Premier Elements 12. To simplify things is it possible to produce a slideshow using Premier Elements 12 in high quality (as I take my photos in the highest resolution or pixels) and show it on full screen on a TV without losing part of the image.

• 5. Re: Premier element 12 suggestion
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

merlabud

Thanks for the replies.

I would ask you to look at a mini test run using the following workflow solely in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor.....

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that are going into this slideshow....for now, I will assume that frame width and frame height is giving 16:9 aspect ratio, frame width and frame height are 1920 x 1080 or higher), and that you are going to a Premiere Elements end product of NTSC DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.

1. Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to its Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings. Then set the project preset manually according to the following scheme. The project preset that we are going for is

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @29.97

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                  • In Change Settings, set the project preset as indicated above. OK out of there.
                  • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                  • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag you files or folder with your arranged files to the Timeline.

2. Edit

3. Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

Your images should present though out the Premiere Elements workflow without any of the original image cut out.

And, the TV DVD player should playback that non cut off image providing the TV DVD player settings are appropriate.

Please consider and let us know the results from a mini test run. Any questions or need clarification along the way, please do not hesitate to ask, giving as much details as possible so that I can customize the reply.

Thank you.

ATR