I believe you are referring to the blank white window of CC desktop app.
Please refer to the threads below where this issue has been addressed:
Thank you for the swift reply Sheena
You are welcome!
P.S. when using Adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses of Staff/helper, if there are any.
Thanks Sheena. Still not managed to resolve this blank window though. I renamed the OOBA file, restarted, signed back in but just as I signed in the window went blank again. Im using Mac El Capitan.
Please try the steps below:
- Sign out from the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application (Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps)
- Browse to the location: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
- Rename the 'SLStore' folder to 'SLStore_old'
- Rename the 'SLCache' folder to 'SLCache_old'
- Sign in to the Adobe CC desktop app and launch the application.
Thanks Sheena, that's still not worked though unfortunately. Still blank. With no way of signing in or out of the desktop app now as it is a blank window still.
Try to quit the application.
Hi Sheena, there is no way of seeing that creative cloud is actually running - it doesn't show in the force quit window and I still have the blank window. I'll go back to the forums and try a few other options. I suspect it is down to old application parts lingering on the system. I have had versions as far back as CS3 on this machine so it could be there's a conflict somewhere but I can't find it. I tried using the CC cleaner tool but that didnt make any difference.