2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 10:56 AM by A.T. Romano

Hi. Could someone please explain to me the difference between the 2 options of Premiere Pro Elements 14.

john64451

Hi. Looking at the Amazon U.K. site there would appear to be 2 options when purchasing Adobe Premiere Pro Elements 14. The 'standard edition' for both Windows & Mac is priced at £39.99 GBP whereas the 'upgrade edition' is priced at £64.81 GBP. So what is the difference please and what would the 'upgrade edition' be upgrading you from? Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Hi. Could someone please explain to me the difference between the 2 options of Premiere Pro Elements 14.
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Elements 14 is one program.

Premiere Pro is a different program.

In either case, there is no difference between an upgrade version and a full version.

• 2. Re: Hi. Could someone please explain to me the difference between the 2 options of Premiere Pro Elements 14.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

john64451

I have looked at the Amazon UK Premiere Elements 14, and it is very confusing what they are calling Standard and Upgrade for the discs and download that they are selling for this product. I cannot find a definition of Standard or Upgrade in that ad. And, I am not sure of that relationship to the Adobe's Full and Upgrade pricing only terms. Best check with Amazon UK Customer Service to get definition of its Standard and Upgrade.

There is only one Premiere Elements 14 that I know of whether it is labeled with Adobe's Full or Upgrade or Student and Teacher Version.

When you purchase from other than Adobe, you are subject to the pricing/pricing terminology, and return policy of the seller.

Adobe uses the "Full" pricing for when you cannot show proof of ownership of earlier version of the program, "Upgrade" when you can. Adobe's "Upgrade" is typically a lesser price than the "Full". But in the case of Amazon UK ad, it is giving a higher price to what it is calling Upgrade and a lower price to what is calling Regular. Definitely get input from Amazon UK customer service on this before purchase.

ATR