• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Click anywhere or press 'y' to continue."

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to remove "anywhere or press 'y' to continue", and use a "Continue" button to go to the next slide instead. Anybody can help? 

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Do not mess too much with question slides, because you could end up with issues. The Submit button is essential, as are all embedded objects which are the objects without an individual timeline. The default Submit process is a two-step: first click Submit, then press Y or click on the slide. If you want only to have a 'button' on the slide instead of clicking or pressing Y, put a shape or an image on the slide without any interactivity, when they click on that mimicked button they are clicking o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe my question is not clear. I still want to show the correct/incorrect feedback, but click my custom button to navigate to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not mess too much with question slides, because you could end up with issues. The Submit button is essential, as are all embedded objects which are the objects without an individual timeline. The default Submit process is a two-step: first click Submit, then press Y or click on the slide. If you want only to have a 'button' on the slide instead of clicking or pressing Y, put a shape or an image on the slide without any interactivity, when they click on that mimicked button they are clicking on the slide. Do not delete the Submit button!

More information about tweaking and design of the question slides (not updated for CP9 with the new Next/Back buttons during review):

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri. Your blog is amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Many hours work in that blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your great help! I have a further question about this. I want to hide this mimicked button before the user clicking submit button, and show it when the user submitted the question. Then, the user clicks the mimicked button to go to the next question. Is there any way to do so? I didn't see the "action" panel for the submit button. I am a beginner...I used storyline before, for storyline, I can add any triggers to submit button. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I am using question pool. I just saw your blog mentioned that we can add actions to "on Success" and "last attempt", but only for normal question slide. For question pool, there is no solution. (If I am not wrong.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, you didn't tell that. With question pools you are totally blocked, no tweaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources