2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 5:46 PM by hillfilms

Pro Import from Avid Mc Sequence flags Unsupported Media?

hillfilms

I can pro import an aaf file from Avid MC and if I choose to connect just to avid media, I can import without a problem.

But if I choose to create QT reference files, I get an UNSUPPORTED MEDIA window which states that the version of Pro

Import does not recognize the media (although I have the latest version of AE)

Is there anyway I can create the QT reference files and then pro import the aaf?

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: Pro Import from Avid Mc Sequence flags Unsupported Media?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Mmmmmmmm.... I don't think so.  Assuming that you imported the QT Ref files into Avid and THEN exported an aaf for AE, I think there will always be trouble.

Here's why:  A QT Ref file is simply a pointer to the actual media.  What are you making when you export an aaf from Avid?  You're making a collection of pointers to the original media files.  So in the case of QT Ref clips, the aaf would have pointers to pointers, which is giving AE fits.

• 2. Re: Pro Import from Avid Mc Sequence flags Unsupported Media?
            hillfilms Level 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help! Actually I'm working with mxf media within Avid and exporting an aaf of the mxf media. As I said, all works great - as it should - when I pro import into After Effects but only when I check Connect After Effects directly to Avid Media Files...if I check Create QT reference files to Avid Media Files instead...I get this unfortunate window:

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.45.40 PM.png

THANKS!