3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 6:59 PM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

Why does Adobe steal my money when I am not using their software ?

Efrain Ortegon

i am an independent artist and there are many days in a month i dont use their software . Yet I am charge Saturdays , Sundays and weeks at the time with out having the option to temporarily suspend my account . Why can I not have control of the time I am paying for  ?  I feel robbed !

• 1. Re: Why does Adobe steal my money when I am not using their software ?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Much like you cannot only have your cable company bill you for the time you actually using the television, nor the phone company only for the time you are talking on the phone, nor the trash removal service for the amount of trash they remove, nor the insurance company only for the time you need their help, nor only pay for the portion of the magazine that you read.... that's how buying things works.  What if they didn't sell their software by subscription and you had to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for it even though you only use it one day a week? Would you be asking them to reduce their price because you don't use it as often as you think you should for that price?  Wouldn't it be great if everything you bought was based only on how much you use it?  I could finally afford that Ferrari!

• 2. Re: Why does Adobe steal my money when I am not using their software ?
            Efrain Ortegon Level 1

NO ! That's not how "buying" things works!... Besides this is not buying is renting a service and I should be able to control the time I WANT to use the software. When I go to work they don't pay me Saturdays, Sundays or those other days I am not in front of my computer producing, nor I should be changed for.  This is not entertain service is about work production and I should be able to control when and how I spend my time on it .

• 3. Re: Why does Adobe steal my money when I am not using their software ?
              Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

You can opt for Key card subscription sold via re sellers, they are for 3 months, six months. We do not have any model for day to day charging as of now.

Regards

Rajashree