6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2015 6:57 AM by A.T. Romano

I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?

Acid_HAWK Level 1

I think the problem is that photoshop.com is shut down - do I need to get a new Premiere copy to fix?

• 1. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Acid_HAWK

I am not seeing any connection to photoshop.com on "I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?"

Let us clear that up first.....to what type of export of your Timeline content are referring and how is it failing?

Are you able to open a new project, import your source media, and edit it before the export?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

What computer operating system is involved? And, please describe how the export is failing - error messages and anything else related?

Please consider, supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
            Acid_HAWK Level 1

I am using the Evga GeForce 670 Graphics card from Nvidia. My drivers are up to date - i dont know about QuickTime... I was not running as admin but when i tried that it didnt make a difference. I am using Windows 7 Professional. I can open a new project, put my media in, and edit, but when i click file, export is grayed out. No error messages or anything. I think it could be quicktime. Ill go download the latest version and see if that is working. Happy thanksgiving!

• 3. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
              Acid_HAWK Level 1

Installed quicktime player (QuickTime - Download - Apple) is that what i want? If it is, it didnt work....

• 4. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Acid_HAWK

Thanks for the replies.

That QuickTime install 7.7.8 is the correct one and needed to be installed as "System Requirement". You also need to be running these programs as administrator (from a user account with administrative privileges). And, in some instances, you may also need to apply Run As Administrator via the right click of the program's desktop icon.

But, based on history, your biggest problem is probably that NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card on a computer on which Premiere Elements 10 is installed. The fix is not to update your video card/graphics card to the latest version, but rather to roll back the driver version to May 2013.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Have you been using automatic updating of the NVIDIA GeForce? If so, see if you can find the older driver still on your computer...check Device Manager/Display Adapters/name of your card, and the its Properties/Driver Tab and Update Driver option.

We will be watching for your progress. Any questions or need clarification on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
                  Acid_HAWK Level 1

I cant find them, as its almost 2016.... yeah I'll probably just get premiere elements 14 lol

• 6. Re: I cant export from Adobe Premiere Elements 10... Why cant I?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Acid_HAWK

Thanks for the reply.

I would give one more try to find the older driver still on your computer if your setup worked at an earlier time.

Device Manager/Display Adapters/NVIDIA card name, its Properties, and then the Driver Tab under Properties.

Then under Driver Tab, click on Update Driver and select the option "Browse my

computer for driver software."

If you cannot find the older driver that you need and are considering going to Premiere Elements 14 (latest version), please consider looking at the free 30 days tryout before purchase to confirm the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals.

Best wishes

ATR