10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 7:48 PM by Andrew McCubbin

exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4

Andrew McCubbin

Hi there, does anyone know how to export in Premiere Elements in this format? h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4. I'm wanting to create an MP4 that I can upload to my website as well as to youtube and vimeo... Any help appreciated!

Andrew

• 1. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
          saurabh___arora Level 1

Andrew,

Which version of Premiere Elements are you using ?

If PRE 13:

Publish & Share-->Computer-->AVCHD-->MP4-H264 1920X1080

If PRE 14:

Export & Share-->Devices-->Computer-->1920 X 1080-->MP4

Thanks,

Saurabh

• 2. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew McCubbin

The important question is "What version of Premiere Elements are you using and what computer operating system?"

Since you are specifically asking about export to H.264.mp4 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second, I would offer these remarks

1. If Premiere Elements 14 Export & Share/Devices/Custom, not Computer, since you cannot get the file with the 24 progressive frames per second using the Export & Share/Devices/Computer 1920 x 1080 - MP4. You can prove that for yourself. If you need help setting up the Export & Share/Devices/Custom for your export, I will supply more information on that.

2. If Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1, then Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p24

Please consider, and then let us know the outcome. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
              Andrew McCubbin Level 1

Hi Saurabh and ATR,

Thanks for your responses. Really appreciated. I've got Premiere Elements 11 so I'll give it a go.

For some reason someone told me not to use the AVCHD option. Not sure why. What does AVCHD mean?

Will doing what you both suggested allow me to upload to my website and also allow people to be able to download this file too from my website? - imagine so but thought I'd check...

Thank you!

• 4. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew McCubbin

Thanks for the follow up.

AVCHD represents the video compression of the file that is to be produced under Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD.

AVCHD can be seen represented as MP4 AVC/H.264.

For the file that you described, the suggested choice would be as I have already written

If Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1, then Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p24

That AVCHD.mp4 file produced by that route gives excellent results and it classically recommended for uploads to the sharing web sites.

Is file size an issue? Also, check the specifications of your web site. Depending on the file size, you could customize the bitrate settings under

the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p24 preset.

Depending on file size, Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media/ choice will give the smaller file size. Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media/ with Presets = WMV - 720 x 480 16 x 9 29.97. Then, under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, customize that preset for 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second.

Please consider, experiment and explore, and then let us know the outcome. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                  Andrew McCubbin Level 1

That's great thanks ATR.

I'll give it a go and let you know how I go. Thanks so much. Greatly appreciated. It's been doing my head in following options down a rabbit hole not mention uploading things using tonnes of data only to find it doesn't work so well.

Cheers and chat soon,

Andrew

• 6. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                    Andrew McCubbin Level 1

Hey ATR,

Under Basic Video Settings when I go into the advanced settings should I choose "Render at Maximum Bit Depth? I want to have the best quality possible but also not have something that takes ages to download / upload...

Thanks!

• 7. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew McCubbin

I would go without Render at Maximum Bit Depth. The without the check mark seems to be the default. However....

Are you working with 32 bit color in the source files so that enabling that option might have some benefits and would justify time consumption with the option enabled?

ATR

• 8. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                        Andrew McCubbin Level 1

Thanks ATR,

I think I'll go without too. Not sure if I'm working with 32 bit colour in

the source files... I know that I've used the largest setting on my Canon

EOS 60D camera to shoot it and I've loaded it into Premiere with maximum

file size available.... they're mostly tutorials that I'm uploading so

there's no expansive / massive depth of field scenery or moving shots so

much...

Andrew McCubbin

www.musicintuition.net

0414 267 957

*"Your imagination is your preview to life's coming attractions." *

Albert Einstein

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 9. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew McCubbin

Thanks for the update.

We will be watching for further developments as your time permits.

Please do not include contact information in your posts in order to avoid nuisances to the contact information.

Best wishes with your video projects.

ATR

• 10. Re: exporting to h.264 1980x1020 24fps mp4
                            Andrew McCubbin Level 1

Thanks ATR.

Didn't realise my contact details were coming through... I'll be more aware.

Chat soon,

Andrew