5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 7:22 AM by A.T. Romano

426 x 240 video

ernief73120713

Hi,

Can someone tell me what format i should set my project to to use 426 x 240 video? I set it to Mobile devices

In Elements 14 the video is letter boxing, In Elements 11 it is not.

Thanks,

Ernie

• 1. Re: 426 x 240 video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Emief

I would suggest that you get out of Expert & Share/Devices/Mobile and go to Expert & Share/Devices/Custom and create a custom preset with the H.264 format.

What are you using for the project preset when you import this video into the new project? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

When you are viewing your import in the Edit area monitor, are there black borders around the image, and do you take the video into Expert & Share with that appearance?

Please consider and give more details. When ready for Expert & Share, I will provide more detailed information if needed. Just let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: 426 x 240 video
            ernief73120713 Level 1

Thanks ATR,

I would suggest that you get out of Expert & Share/Devices/Mobile and go to Expert & Share/Devices/Custom and create a custom preset with the H.264 format.

I haven't gotten to exporting the movie.

What are you using for the project preset when you import this video into the new project? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

When I go to the general tab I'm unable to change the frame size

When you are viewing your import in the Edit area monitor, are there black borders around the image, and do you take the video into Expert & Share with that appearance?

There are black borders on the clips when i view them in the project assets.

• 3. Re: 426 x 240 video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

emief

Premiere Elements does not have a project preset for 426 x 240 16:9, so this is what we are going to do...use a preset for 16:9 for the import and then export Export & Share/Devices/Custom for the 426 x 240.

Open Premiere Elements to the Expert workspace and manually set the project preset to

NTSC

FLIP

Flip Mino HD and Ultra HD 29.97;

You manually set the project preset according to the following scheme

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to one mentioned above. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
              • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General is a place to see what settings have been set for the project. But, you cannot make significant changes there. If the project settings are not correct, you start a new project.

Please consider, and then let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: 426 x 240 video
                ernief73120713 Level 1

Hey AT

Using the flip setting worked in getting rid of

The black borders.  Thanks

• 5. Re: 426 x 240 video
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

emief

Thanks for the good news that the import settings suggestion worked for you. Well done.

Please let me know if you are OK with the export route that I suggested earlier, that is, Export & Share/Devices/Custom.

Best wishes

ATR