• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you have editable regions in content holders?

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was having a bit of difficulty getting my editable regions working, which through a process of trial-and-error I've locked down as being because they won't function if included in a template through a content holder.

This isn't a major issue, but it does mean that I'll have to have the identical code across three out of four of my templates. Initially I was storing that code in a content holder and pulling the content holder in wherever it was needed in a template.

Obviously I'd prefer to do it the second way for efficiency, maintainability, etc, but I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting the issue. Does anyone have any insights to this? Is it something that definitely cannot be done, or am I just not doing it properly?

I'd be interested to hear any feedback, thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Hello Ricki,

You can have editable regions in your content holder, even if your content holder is part of the template, it will still be editable through the "Edit" tab on your admin.

Make sure to add ice:editable="content" to your module_contentholder, after the name=" " parameter. This doc will help you, check it out.

The second important thing is to add the coma as it is mentioned in the doc, after the module_contentholder, otherwise the content will not render, it will just show you the syntax

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ricki,

You can have editable regions in your content holder, even if your content holder is part of the template, it will still be editable through the "Edit" tab on your admin.

Make sure to add ice:editable="content" to your module_contentholder, after the name=" " parameter. This doc will help you, check it out.

The second important thing is to add the coma as it is mentioned in the doc, after the module_contentholder, otherwise the content will not render, it will just show you the syntax as it is specified in the template and you don't want that.

Cheers,

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did see that doc, but I was confused about what it was saying about the content holder bit. It all makes sense now, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines