• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No "Update" in CC. Only shows "Install" even though app is installed already

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want to do is update my apps, Ps, Ai, Id etc. All CC 2014 version are currently installed. When I go in to the CC program, it doesn't show "update" next to the CC 2015 app. It only shows "install". I tried install one of the apps anyway, didn't get any "advanced settings" to keep/migrate my setting over to the new version (this happened last time too... very frustrating), just installed the new app, keeps the old one too (no option to remove the old version).

This exact same thing happened when I updated to CC 2014. Had to uninstall all the previous versions manually, go through every app and set them up again with my required settings, took half a day to do all of this. Now it's doing the same thing yet again. Grrrr.cc update.jpg

As you can see, the buttons say "Install", they should say "Update". What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Just solve the problem

Apps were all originally installed as English (North American), I had it set to English (International) in the CC desktop preferences. Changed to NA and fixed the problem.

Obviously, it needs to stay on the same language it was originally install as.

Sucks really as North American is not proper English.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the steps below:

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena, I'll give that a try right now. Thanks for the fast reply too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Do let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

OK, just uninstalled, rebooted, fresh install... exactly as per your recommendation. No different. Still shows "Install" instead of "Update". Problem not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Media.db file corruption. The Adobe Creative Cloud is not recognizing the installed app.

However , try changing language to English (International )  and then again Change it back to English ( North America)

Also you can try below steps once :

Steps :

Launch Task Manager and End all Adobe related processes like Creative Cloud , CoreSync., Armsvc , AAMUpdate....etc

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

Appdata

It will open Appdata folder.

Then navigate to Local>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete " Opm.db" file.

Once you had deleted Opm.db file , relaunch Adobe Creative Cloud app and Sign in and check.

Still same??

If its okay , you may try uninstalling and reinstalling any one of CC app and check like Photoshop or any other .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solve the problem

Apps were all originally installed as English (North American), I had it set to English (International) in the CC desktop preferences. Changed to NA and fixed the problem.

Obviously, it needs to stay on the same language it was originally install as.

Sucks really as North American is not proper English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hehe lol okay , meanwhile I was typing all these , you had resolved the issue , consider above as Good to know information for future reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines