2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 7:44 AM by A.T. Romano

Two, probably, easily solved questions...

Mr Saxby Level 1

hallo!

1, when I export I need to know how to just export the part that actually carries some information, for exaple just export a piece of the movie Im making.

in my case I used a very long clip that i later on just used parts of, which made the timeline 32 minutes long... As I export the movie becomes 32 minutes long, but just 2 minutes contains something  to watch...

is there a sollution?

2, when I change something in a track, move a part along the timeline, cut a part drag a new part into the track, then what happens is that   The change I made effects parts in the other tracks...

how can I avoid that?

thanks in advance

/Rikard

• 1. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
          MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mr Saxby a écrit:

hallo!

1, when I export I need to know how to just export the part that actually carries some information, for exaple just export a piece of the movie Im making.

in my case I used a very long clip that i later on just used parts of, which made the timeline 32 minutes long... As I export the movie becomes 32 minutes long, but just 2 minutes contains something  to watch...

is there a sollution?

2, when I change something in a track, move a part along the timeline, cut a part drag a new part into the track, then what happens is that   The change I made effects parts in the other tracks...

how can I avoid that?

thanks in advance

/Rikard

Better ask in the dedicated Premiere Elements forum:

Premiere Elements

• 2. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
            Mr Saxby Level 1

How can I delete this post?

/Rikard

• 3. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A mod will probably move it.

• 4. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr Saxby

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Generalizing for now....

1. To export selectively a portion of your whole Timeline content, there are two must dos

a. Set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the area to be exported

and

b. Use an export choice with "Share Work Area Bar Only" option enabled.

2. If you are adding a clip to an existing Timeline content, hold down the Alt key (Windows) as you add the clip to the existing Timeline.

This matter can get more complicated depending on the complexity of the Timeline structure.

Please consider. Do you need more in depth how to on this? If so, please let me know and I will supply it.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I just noticed that I have already answered part of this question for you in another of your threads today. Please see

Change to a track changes other tracks?

I suspect that the posting got complicated by thread transfers from forum to forum. Please continue in the thread that we are in now.

• 5. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
                  triplesrock Level 1

Mr Saxby,

Sounds like you need to delete the part you don't want before you export. If this is correct, left click once on part you don't want in movie, then right click once on same clip. select DELETE and what you don't need will be gone from timeline. Good luck with your project.

Bruce

• 6. Re: Two, probably, easily solved questions...
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

triplesrock

Please reconsider your response. You do not need to delete the part you don't want before you export.

What version of Premiere Elements do you use, what computer operating system? Have you tried the selective export of Timeline content that I described and remembered the two essentials for that to work - setting the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar coupled with enabling the "Share Work Area Bar Only" option in the export settings?

If you need more information for the how to on that, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR