1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 8:05 AM by vladan saveljic

Pages panel in InD doesn't open

dmorr

I'm having trouble getting the Pages panel in InDesign to open. Sometimes clicking on the Pages panel bar works fine -- the panel opens up as a side bar -- but often it doesn't. I've tried shutting down and restarting InD. Sometimes that helps; sometimes it makes no difference. Is there a setting I need to change? Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Pages panel in InD doesn't open
          vladan saveljic Level 4

try to trash the preferences

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

extract

...There is a quick and easy method for doing this using the keyboard: close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. There are two downsides to this method, however. First, you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow), and second, anytime you replace the preferences you will lose most program customizations, and using the keyboard method leaves you with no backup to restore them when the problem turns out to be something else...