12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 11:34 AM by ssprengel

price up to 100%!?

josti
      Last year I bought LR5 as a stand alone student teacher edition for  € 75,-. Now I want to upgrade to LR6 same edition. But... Adobe removed LR6 from the student teacher edition. I have to pay another € 75,- to upgrade..? I don't understand why such a big company is dealing with their customers in this ridiculous way. First they're making it difficult to buy the stand alone version and on top of that tey now make it so expensive!
      Or is all of this not true and is it still available?
      Greets, Jos
        • 1. Re: price up to 100%!?
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Jos,

Greetings!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please call our sales team and they will help you : http://www.adobe.com/uk/about-adobe/contact.html

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: price up to 100%!?
            josti Level 1

Hi,

Your reaction demonstrates part of what I mean; the phone numbers are all voor cc-product. Why not support the stand alone versions properly? And are there only phone numbers in the UK?

It would be more convenient if you should point me a link where I can buy the version I want for a reasonable price!

Greets, Jos

• 3. Re: price up to 100%!?
              dj_paige Level 9

You can upgrade to Lightroom 6 for 79 US Dollars — I don't know what the price is in other countries. The price changes to 79 US Dollars (or whatever it is in your country) when you select the upgrade. Products

• 4. Re: price up to 100%!?
                josti Level 1

Thanks dj_paige,

I know I can upgrade for that price. But I bought a student teacher version last year (normal price appr.  € 130,-; my version € 75,-) So that was almost a 60% discount. Upgrading my version should be appr. 60% of € 75,- imho...

• 5. Re: price up to 100%!?
                  dj_paige Level 9

Upgrading my version should be appr. 60% of € 75,- imho...

Your humble opinions are irrelevant, for Lightroom 6 Adobe policy has changed and there is no student or educational discount on Lightroom any more.

• 6. Re: price up to 100%!?
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I started with the student edition purchased for $79 US. For subsequent purchases of Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5 I paid the same price. Adobe gives students a break on their first purchase. But subsequent upgrades have always been the same price as the original purchase. I don't believe Adobe even offers a student discount anymore. So be grateful that you got a discount on your original purchase. You will just have to pay for upgrades like everyone else.

• 7. Re: price up to 100%!?
                      josti Level 1

Well I guess it's part of Adobe's marketing; getting the customers on board with an offer that hardly can't be refused. And once you're in, you'll have to pay even tough you're still a student. Sounds unreasonable.  to me. Only the Lightroom student version is discontinued; others stand alone versions are still available and cc is available.

• 8. Re: price up to 100%!?
                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is the discounted full price about the same as the upgrade price?

• 9. Re: price up to 100%!?

The academic edition was always available for $79 here in the US. The same price as an upgrade. The OP seems to feel they should be entitled to free upgrades to new versions because they are still a student.

• 10. Re: price up to 100%!?

josti wrote:

Well I guess it's part of Adobe's marketing; getting the customers on board with an offer that hardly can't be refused. And once you're in, you'll have to pay even tough you're still a student. Sounds unreasonable.  to me. Only the Lightroom student version is discontinued; others stand alone versions are still available and cc is available.

Even when there was a student version, students only qualified for one discount on their initial purchase. Subsequent upgrades were always available to those who purchased the student version, but the upgrade price was the same as for anyone else. So students receive a discount on their first purchase. This allows them to decide whether it is software they want to use. After that students must make the same choice as anyone else, keep using the old version or pay for the upgrade.

• 11. Re: price up to 100%!?
                              josti Level 1
                              @ssprengel: initial version was  75,- and the upgrade full version is also € 75,-.

@JimHess: I don't want a free upgrade (although... ), but I should expect the same discount because students don't earn that much..Once a 'working class hero' the price could be the same.

• 12. Re: price up to 100%!?
                                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Jim says the upgrade price has never been discounted.