6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 6:59 PM by A.T. Romano

How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit

HawkEye11

Does anyone know how to fix all the problems...Trying to install Adobe Premiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit. A lot of people wjho bought it at amazon.ca about 100 people complained they Couldn't install it properly:(??? does anyone know how to install it properly without all the problems people have been having, trying to Install the software??? Much Appreciated;))). Dan.

• 1. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

What did you purchase from Amazon - downloaded installation files or boxed packaging with installation discs?

When did you make this purchase, today or a few years ago? Did the program ever work for you?

How far do you get in the installation before you have problems - do you ever get to the install completed successfully message but just cannot open a project or something else?

Please give details.

Once Premiere Elements 8 is installed, there are several must dos. But, I do not know at this time if you ever got it installed.

Typical

1. Once you have Premiere Elements 8 installed, download and install the 8.0.1 Update from the following link, not the Help Menu/Updates within the project.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

2. Make sure that the automatic Background Rendering feature is disabled in Premiere Elements Editor Edit Menu/Preferences/General and make sure that the AutoAnalzyer options are disabled in Elements Organizer Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options.

3. Have the latest version of QuickTime installed and be running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges).

4. Are Windows Updates up to date? Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

How many video cards/graphics cards does you computer use - 1 or 2. See Device Manager/Display Adapters/name of card(s).

Lots of questions that need lots of answers.

Please consider and supply the details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
            HawkEye11 Level 1

Hey;)...Thanx bro for the email wow this disc is crazy got from amazon.ca were 100 people said don't buy it frezes everything & 1 guy said something that he had the fix so trying to find that I'll go on utube for full intructions there's extra things u Must do to download without the frezzing etc... If I click your link is that the trial version should I download the trial first or just do the dvd from amazon.ca it has the serial # that's it...thanx so much;))). Dan.

"Success Is Not-Final. It's The Courage To CONTINUE...That-COUNTS;)!!!"

• 3. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
              HawkEye11 Level 1

if you have the answer aside from the one u sent...Can u send it to hawk-eye11@hotmail.com this is my old account okay thanx again, Bro;))).

• 4. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

All the troubleshooting communication is done in the Premiere Elements Forum threads. Posting contact information can bring unwanted nuisances to your contact information.

Do you have a purchased serial number for your Premiere Elements 8? If so and you believe the problem is in the installation disc that you purchased, then download Premiere Elements 8 installation files from the following link and insert your purchased serial number in it during installation. The link for the Premiere Elements 8 files is really there - read down the page.

Direct Download Links for Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Elements 8 | ProDesignTools

The important part about that route is that you follow word for word the "Note: Very Important Instructions" of that web site in order to avoid Access Denied message.

Remember, as per the instructions, you Sign In to Adobe with your Adobe ID and password, but you do all your downloading from the file links on the non Adobe web site toward the bottom of the page.

Please consider. Looking forward to more details and your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
                  HawkEye11 Level 1

Hey bro...is this a Download link for welements 8 or do I have to put in my new adobe premiere elements 8 cd or just use my serial # for the free trial if that's what u sent me or if u can call me to make sure that would be great dan 2896392003 hamilotn ont. or I can call u have long distance so much appreciated Thanx, so much for your Help;))). Dan

• 6. Re: How to fix Problems trying to Install Adobe Preimiere Elements 8 for windows 7 64-bit
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

Thanks for the follow up. Your installation disc is out of the equation in all this. All you need is the purchased serial number that came with your purchase installation disc.

You will be downloading installation files (tryout that becomes yours once you put your purchased serial number into them when asked for during installation).

This web site does not sell Premiere Elements (any version), but does offer the tryouts. But, the tryout is converted to yours non tryout once your purchased serial number is accepted in the installation files.

That web site is the only one that I know of that includes Premiere Elements 8. Another source of these tryouts for this purpose is Adobe Other Downloads, but that offers only to Premiere Elements 9. http://www.adobe.com/nl/downloads/other-downloads.html

Please go over the details. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR