• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X86 compilation not producing APK, no errors

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked this on Flash Builder forum also, but suspecting I will not get an answer there.

I'm using Flash Builder and AIR 20 to produce x86 version of our app. I added -arch x86 and the compilation works just like with ARM, takes about the same time and then ends with no errors. The only difference is that with x86 there is no APK.

Any ideas what to do, how to debug?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Have you tried running the adt compilation without FlashBuilder, pure command line style? We are publishing x86 builds all the time and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running the adt compilation without FlashBuilder, pure command line style? We are publishing x86 builds all the time and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried adt compilation because I don't know how it works. I thought Flash Builder should take care of it

Maybe I'll have to learn. Any good resources for it? Seemed really complicated as I don't even have Android SDK installed (only stuff bundled with Adobe AIR SDK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the official documentation for adt, but it might be a bit rough to start with. We are using FlashDevelop and it comes with handy .bat file templates that prepare everything for you. This is what we are using:

call adt -package -target apk%APK_TARGET% %OPTIONS% %SIGNING_OPTIONS% "%OUTPUT%" "%APP_XML%" %FILE_OR_DIR% -extdir "../_extensions"

Where

%OPTIONS% = -arch x86

%SIGNING_OPTIONS%=-storetype pkcs12 -keystore %CERT_FILE% -storepass %CERT_PASS%

%APK_TARGET% = -captive-runtime

%FILE_OR_DIR% =-C bin .

The rest should be self explanatory. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I couldn't build the ADT command myself, but ended up copy-pasting the Flash Builder command and managed to build something. I used the bin-release-temp -folder where I ran the command. I have to test a lot to make sure I can actually trust the APK...

The problem may had been that I have too many assets and the Flash Builder command is just too lon. All assets in mp3 -folder are added separately. On my command I just added the whole folder and got the command a lot shorter, after that it started working. Maybe the "-arch x86" broke the camel's back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a -C directive you can use to say that the next bunch of files are from the same directory. That can save a lot of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to compile and pack x86 and ARM versions in the same APK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines