• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Catalyst Shipping options CANADA

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need solutions for shipping ACTUAL products.

UPS integration seems to be for USA only. Postal Codes give errors.

Other OPTIONS for CANADIANS? ANYBODY?

Or do I have to actually 3rd Party the Ecommerce in my Ecommerce Application.

I am aware BC has drop-ship/ no idea if it works though - that is topic for another discussion.

I am aware BC works if you are selling digital products - that's not what I need.

I need a solution to ship SEVERAL DIFFERENT products from 2 locations would be best, but if only 1 is available (as it seems) that will do.

So far, my client has to have "CALL TO ARRANGE SHIPPING"

this is NOT an ecommerce solution and it borders on being a joke.

Please provide me info - I do not want to pay $5000 for custom programming.

I want BC to do as advertised.

Thanks so much.

IF there is a reasonably priced alternative or service or option I would like to hear it - since BC doesn't seem to have one.

TOPICS
eCommerce , Marketplace

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya so.. I was asked to post this in another topic and give examples so that it could be discussed.

but as usual.

shipping and BC doesn't get discussed, it gets ignored.

Anyone who isn't in USA and Australia (because the original developers started there) have got zero integration options.

That is horse hockey and how can you expect any ACTUAL ecommerce solution to stay with BC when there is NO solution, other than the one provided by a very select couple of BC partners charging between $5k-10k for their 'solutions'.

nonsense.

At least shipping tables? or some way of managing large number of shipping OPTIONS.

If I have to ship each item individually. SO BE IT, but at least make it a LITTLE bit easier.

Integrated shipping would be the best.

BUT you stopped at USA and don't seem to give two plops about the rest of the world.

I keep being told it's UPS's fault.

really???

I would LOVE to hear from a SINGLE integrated shipping user from somewhere OTHER than USA and Australia.

please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

BC is integrated with Fedex shipping provider, witch support shipping from Canada to Canada or other locations

Screenshot from a BC hosted site, that is using Fedex for Canada shipping

http://screencast.com/t/UUPZLJcxN8s

Hope this helps!
Silviu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for showing me an image of a site that ships using fedex..

without more info, it doesn't help much.

1) Is this your site?

2) If yes, did you set up the shipping yourself or did you hire somebody to do it?

3) If you did it yourself, did you have to add any extra?

4) Fedex is likely the only one that DOES work, but it is also the single most expensive option and would never be used for shipping purchases.

Their LOWEST ground rate is 20$ more than the starting rate for 20 lb box at UPS ground.

So while I'm happy that ONE solution/integration MAY actually be working for SOMEONE.

I would appreciate if you could post more info so I can actually confirm it is working, and not just using standard starting rates like UPS account does.

$54  fedex ground - $600 next day air -  is quite a big difference, what on earth was being shipped in your example? (yes i know next day air is expensive - but not for small objects)

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually. I can already tell you the answer to a couple of the questions....

WAS THERE EXTRA - YES.There is extra - because you have 6 prices showing from one selection.

The current BC setup allows only ONE item / price at once.

So that is a lot of 'extra' if it is even BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Staff = Adobe Staff. The adobe staff that post in the BC forums are the BC support team or management or engineering. Silviu is one of the nice support team.

In terms of your questions, yes, this is all part of the BC setup with Fedex.

The options you see in the screenshot come from Fedex through their API connection and rendered out. This has happened because as Silviu pointed out, it was setup in the admin under eCommerce and the shipping options.

IF the Fedex option for you is too expensive review with your client how they are shipping their items.

If there are a set of 5 possible ranges for example you can set those custom price ranges up, you can filter on country, the pricing, the weight of the items and so on.

The information for it is on the documentation:

Displaying Shipping Options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see Fedex has an option "ALL SERVICES" when I was investigating it.

So I understand how it can do the 'extra' now..thanks.

And YES, great. FEDEX is a single option.

unfortunately.

It says UPS and DHL are also integrated.

but there is only a single item for Canada ($20(ish) starting point for "standard to canada") --- living IN canada, it doesn't make much sense.

DHL I haven't found anything for Canada.

But I would LOVE to hear from all the experts, support staff and Liam of course if there is anything there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, manually set up the shipping options and use another shipper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.

And i'm telling you, IN CANADA

UPS does not have more than ONE standard to canada option that is meant to be for USA

Unless I've done something completely wrong??

I can set up exactly 1 single service from UPS (standard to canada)

being from canada, this seems a bit odd don't you think??

and it starts at $20 / but does have reasonable rates for large items.

It just does me zero good for smaller, shorter delivery distance items. that should cost more like $5 - $10

I have contacted UPS, they keep asking me for API info, I send them what I can.. and then my helper at ups always seems to disappear.

IF anyone has dealt with UPS and BC, and lives in CANADA, that would sure be helpful.

Telling me to "read the manual" is not a help.

Fedex does have some reasonable detailed instructions on here.

But UPS and DHL do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or sorry was your suggestion to..

manually set up shipping for 200+ ecommerce items..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read the documentation and trial using the shipping options because unfortunately your not understanding how it works.

You do not set up lots and lots of shipping options, it is not a per product thing etc.

I work for one of the biggest BC partners making LOTS of eCommerce sites, MOST with the manually configured shipping and all running fine. Most with only about 3-5 shipping options.

Because a shipping option has a variety of ranges and options based on the prices of items in the cart, their size, weight and so on.

You need to please listen to the advice and have a look at the information and check out the actual features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read it.

And I have tried it.

I was just told UPS does NOT work with BC for CANADA by Support.

So my point is made.

Take down the false advertising or at least add a very clear  * USA and Australia ONLY

So people don't waste their time trying to make something work that DOESN'T

AS PER SUPPORT

Sharad Tyagi (Adobe Business Catalyst Support)

Dec 23, 01:26

Hi Dean Russell,

At this stage, UPS works from US , not from Canada.

Even if we provide that info, the customer will not be able to implement the code. Integrated Shipping option is a closed area for custom coding. As an alternative

BC is integrated with Fedex shipping provider, witch support shipping from Canada to Canada or other locations

Screenshot from a BC hosted site, that is using Fedex for Canada shipping

http://screencast.com/t/UUPZLJcxN8s

Should you need more assistance with the issue, you can reply to this case.

Regards,
Sharad Tyagi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point out where on the BC site it says USA and Australia, because that is not the case either. works for a lot of countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only a small bit of 'support' for DHL Australia

and UPS support for USA

I have never heard of anyone else using UPS or DHL in any other country except the USA and Australia.

Obviously they aren't using USPS (us mail) and Australia Post  in any other country but their own..

Fedex is THE ONLY one that appears to be actually integrated (as advertised) for everyone - so hooray for FEDEX,

But that is NOT the case for the other international shipping providers they claim are 'integrated'..

And as such is false advertising.

I said they SHOULD include an asterisk * saying AUSTRLIA and USA ONLY. * (- because it doesn't right now - and that's all it works for)

If there are all these other people using BC for shipping integrated with UPS and DHL that are not USA or Australia,

I can't find them and they don't hang out here or communicate in any way shape or form on the internet regarding it.

though I wish they did if they actually exist.

I just don't like the matter of fact way BC says "INTEGRATED.. bLAH BLAH.." it simply isn't for anyone except USA and Australia.

So they should MAKE IT CLEAR.

or make it for everybody - which i would absolutely prefer - because I hate running around in circles and I put a lot of stock in BC as a platform.

anyway this is an extremely sour and sore point for me.

So forgive me if I sound pissy about it.

I'm just tired of people telling me that BC is integrated with UPS and DHL when unless you live in USA or Australia - IT IS NOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know people from the UK:

https://www.ups.com/gb

Using it on BC for Example and I seen forum posts about correct setup for the other two from other people in other countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 posts!! you search or have better memory than i do.

UK makes sense but I have a feeling that is a BCman add-on or something.

Anyway. All I am looking for is 1 person using UPS or DHL from Canada so I can pick their brains.

Other than that. Thanks for the conversation. I don't want to overstay my welcome by crying about it any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was just off the top of my head Dean. I am an ACP here, been a BC developer quite a while and many posts on here. So I know.

Just try approach it a good way, content and information on any website can always be improved and it is not like you do not have any options. Plenty of BC Partners making sites for clients in Canada and you do not see lots of posts complaining about the options flooding in from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines