4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 8:41 PM by rororo74

? why do clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere?

seppl9bommer@freenet.de

I am using Premiere 14 on a Windows 7 System. The videofiles are imported from a DV Camera using Elements 12 due to the fact that the Version 14 does not find the Input device. Third party plugins are not installed.

Render an area, save the project, close the program and load the project, and the previously rendered area comes up red again and must be rendered once more. The render files are still in the renderfiles folder, but the links are apparently lost. I found, that only clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere.

• 1. Re: ? why do clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

seppl9bommer

Premiere Elements 11 through 14 do not use a red color render indicator line to indicate that a file needs Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview. They use an orange/yellow line for that. But, for now, I will assume we are referring to the same indicator for Timeline rendering.

What you describe is an old and unexplained story regarding rendering the Timeline content in a project, saving closing it, and reopening it to find the "unrendered look" (orange/yellow line back again over the rendered Timeline). And, yes, when you look in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder, those related preview files are alive and well. No explanation has been put forth for this apparent disconnect between the project and its preview files. Some file formats may escape this happening - example, compare jpeg vs psd import.

The reply that I give to this type of question is "move on"..., if you want to confirm that you still have the best possible preview for those files that are now presenting with the orange line over them, then render them selectively or render the whole Timeline as indicated. To render them selectively, position the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span the segment to be rendered, and Timeline render by pressing the Enter key (or Timeline Menu/Render Work Area).

This not just a Premiere Elements 14 Windows 7 64 bit matter.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: ? why do clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere?
            seppl9bommer@freenet.de Level 1

Thank you for the answer.

It is correct the timeline is orange/yellow. The recommodation "to move on" ist not the anwser I expect. I need a solution. Rendering the whole file after restart is very time confusing and for me not acceptable.

Thank you.

seppl9bommer

• 3. Re: ? why do clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

seppl9bommer

I am not Adobe. Although "to move on" is not the answer that you expected or want, to date it is the only solution for the user facing this rendering situation which is often characterized by some formats that are affected and some unaffected.

As I pointed out previously, you do not have to render the whole Timeline content, you can do a selective render for just what is giving the unrendered look.

Consider this scenario - you have rendered the content previously and know that it gives a best preview. When you open the project again, if you need to edit that same content, it will need rendering anyway. (Reminder, every time you edit content, it will need re-rendering to get the best possible preview.)

Adobe Premiere Elements support is offered as online Adobe Chat for the latest version only. Since you have the latest version, you might want to get Adobe's take on this...that works.

Please explore online Adobe Chat for Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up. It is the closest fit that I can find for you.

Contact Customer Care

ATR

• 4. Re: ? why do clips with "warp stabilizer filter" lost their link to the renderfiles after restarting premiere?
                rororo74 Level 1

Using CC2015.2

My issue is ONLY with clips using the WARP STABILIZER effect.

The workaround of using a blank sequence before saving did not work for me.

However sometimes making the video track visible/invisible affects this problem but not a solution.

Here is my solution:

This should save you hours of rendering...

1. Make sure your clips using the effect are fully ANALYZED. Sometimes you will be surprised to find out that they are not. If your clip is NOT analyzed, no matter how many times you render it, it will come up UN-Rendered on the next project loading!!!!

2. Many times, when upgrading your project from a previous version of premiere, your clips containing this effect, will become UN-ANALYZED. Go through your project and analyze each clip again. You only need to do this once.

3. When finished, run your rendering process.

4. Save the project and exit.

5. Open the project again.

6. When your project loads you will notice that these same clips appear RED or unrendered.

7. Simply click on each clip one by one and DISABLE & RE-ENABLE the WARP STABILIZER effect.

8. VOILA! the GREEN line appears over the clip, recognizing the rendered clip associated with it!

If only there was a faster way of disabling and re-enabling the effect on multiple clips at the same time.

Alas! If you know of a way this can be done post here.

PS. Also found out that while the project is loading, if you quickly click on each clip that has the effect, that clip will turn green instead of red!!!! grouping them does not help - you still have to click on each one of them.