This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Try reinstalling After Effects using the Creative Cloud app.
Done twice but not working :-(
A few things to check:
- Can you check that your C:\Program Files\Adobe folder contains both the "Adobe After Effects CC 2015" and "Adobe Character Animator (Preview)" subfolders, and that the Adobe Character Animator (Preview)\Support Files\ subfolder contains Character Animator.exe?
- Did this just start happening or has it always been greyed out?
- Are you running AE version 13.5 or 13.5.1? (choose Help > About After Effects)
- What version of the Creative Cloud desktop application are you using? (click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Creative Cloud application, then choose Preferences)
- If you open the Start menu, do you see an "Adobe Character Animator (Preview)" icon? If so, does launching the application that way work?