3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 10:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Importing video from iPad to Adobe Elements

richardb21635994

I am currently running Adobe Elements 13 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) running OS 10.11.1.

When I import a video from my iPad 3 the audio and video are out of sync. It seems I had this problem before and the solution was to import the video using the Adobe Organizer instead of iPhoto. But now Adobe Organizer doesn't seem to recognize my iPad as a camera. When I looked on the discussion forum it advised running the video through Handbrake first.

Has there been a change in the software somewhere or am I remembering incorrectly?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Importing video from iPad to Adobe Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

richardb

Premiere Elements has problems with video recorded with a device that records with a variable frame rate. Such devices include iPad. The typical workaround is to take your iPad video into the free HandBrake to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version to take into the Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

The symptoms of this problem range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all into Premiere Elements.

To confirm that you are actually working with this variable frame rate condition, you can take your iPad video into the video audio properties read out program named MediaInfo and observe if the video properties include 3 instead of 1 frame rate - free Media Info Mac can be found http://mediainfo-mac.en.softonic.com/mac

Be careful with your choices in downloading and installing since MediaInfo has been known to travel at times with unwanted baggage.

When you are setting up the Video Tab options in HandBrake, please type in the frame rate rather than leave Same As Source. And, be sure to dot the Constant there to select it.

Please consider. We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits. If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Importing video from iPad to Adobe Elements
            richardb21635994 Level 1

Thank You

I checked the rate on Media Info and it was a variable rate. I processed the files with Handbrake and they worked fine.

• 3. Re: Importing video from iPad to Adobe Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

richardb

Great news. Great job.

Follow up with outcome is appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR