11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 6:15 PM by ssprengel

Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze

ms87559198

Hi,

I've been using LR6 and wanted to try out Dehaze, if it's worth to switch to CC.

So I uninstalled LR6, downloaded CC Trial Version via Adobe Application Manager and installed it.

Unfortunately there's no Dehaze in the Effects menu.

Any ideas?

Thank you for helping!

Inge

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

May i know did you installed the creative cloud and installed the Lightroom CC through it.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
            ms87559198 Level 1

Yes, on my Desktop there's the icon "Adobe Creative Cloud" (I just recognized that the name has changed; before it was "Adobe Application Manager" then I updated that, now it's "Adobe Creative Cloud"). I started that and from there: "Apps, Lightroom, Test" Download and installation started automatically.

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
              deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

under the apps tab there will be a list of application coming up.

In that list there will be Lightroom and there will be an open button in front of it if it is opened.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                ms87559198 Level 1

yes,

but how does this help with the fact that there's no Dehaze?

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The creative cloud version of Lightroom and Lightroom 6 are the same program but licensed differently. Since you have installed Lightroom 6 and have entered your serial number I think you will be necessary for you to uninstall Lightroom 6 and everything associated with that installation. Then it will be necessary for you to install the creative cloud version. But even then Lightroom might still find the serial number. It will probably take a major "scrubbing" of your computer to get rid of every trace of Lightroom 6 before you can install the creative cloud trial version.

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                    ms87559198 Level 1

Thank you very much for your insight!

I doubt that Dehaze is worth a "major scrubbing" of my computer and investing more time (with dubious outcome).

So I rather keep my fingers off the subscription...

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I was thinking the CC login licensing overpowers any serial-number licensing of the CC login is actually associated with a valid CC subscription.

Dehaze was first introduced with 2015.1 version of LR CC so won’t be there in the 2015.0.

The other thing about seeing Dehaze is make sure you’re viewing an image that has PV 2012 set.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have never used the standalone version since I switched to the creative cloud. So maybe I'm assuming something here. I just know that when a standalone version of Lightroom is removed the serial number is retained. So my assumption was that maybe Lightroom finds the serial number and therefore treats the installation as standalone.

• 9. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze

I'm going off what I think I remember saying when people had both a serial number and a CC Photography Plan and wanted to run LR on 4 computers, two with the serial number and two with the CC login and Adobe said it wouldn't work unless the serial number was on a different Adobe ID, otherwise the CC plan would take over.

Of course there is the situation where you're running the unlicensed LR 6 that is automatically CC during the trial and you can serialize it, but that's when you haven't purchased a CC plan.

• 10. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze
                            ms87559198 Level 1

Well, since I don't have a CC subscription yet, but did have a standalone license installed, my guess is that the trial version finds the standalone serial somewhere and thus thinks it can't provide me with Dehaze (because there is no CC yet...)

Anyway, I've uninstalled all CC now and reinstalled the standalone. It works like before, so I'll stick to what I know

Thanks to all!

• 11. Re: Lightroom CC Trial without dehaze

CC and the standalone are the same program, so uninstalling and reinstalling isn't going to change anything.  If your issue is that you're wanting to run the CC trial when you already have a serial number license, then yes, you can't.

LR 5 used to store its serial number in a file on the hard disk and I imagine deleting or renaming that file would remove the serial number licensing.  I don't know if LR 6 does the same thing or not since it requires an AdobeID login, now, but you could check for a LR 6 version of the file, sign out of LR using Help / Sign Out, quit LR, then rename the extension of any LR 6 registration file to something like .xlrreg and then restart LR and see if it runs as a trial.  If the LR 6 version of the file isn't there, anymore, then LR 6 must be serialized differently.

My LR 5 serial number is stored here:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Lightroom 5.0 Registration.lrreg

If the above doesn't work, and you want to try the Dehaze function while still using LR 6 the method or using presets or a plug-in might still work.  They did when LR 6.0 came out.  I don't know if Adobe has disabled either in subsequent versions of LR 6.

Preset set:  Prolost Dehaze — Prolost Store

Plug-in:  Lightroom 6 Dehaze | Cut through the fog