8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 2:50 PM by sarsaxen

LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.

Smolnar18 Level 1

Getting error message when using e-mail preset : "Unable to export there is an internal error something wrong in crypt unprotect data."  Tried several different instructions for setting up an email export preset found on the support site, but none worked.  Please help!!  I'm using LR 6.3 on Windows 10 and my email client is Gmail.

Note that I've tried it from the Export dialog and from File > Email Photo...  The email form pops up and I'm able to complete it and click "Send."  Then it takes a couple of moments before the error mentioned above pops up.

I also tried following these instructions and Lightroom stopped and was shut down as soon as I chose "Go To Email Account Manager"!

Configure email account settings for Lightroom

• In any module except the Book module, choose File > Email Photo.

•  

Click the From pop-up menu and choose Go To Email Account Manager.

• To add an email account click Add. Enter a descriptive Account Name, and choose a Service Provider from the list.
        • To delete an email account, select it from the list in the left column and click Remove.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• 1. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Suenewbie,

Could you please try the following steps and see if can resolve your problem:

Open your current Preferences file, and delete the section I highlighted in the following image. This change will cause password lost for all your email accounts, will do not impact other settings. You just need to reset passwords in email account manager.

pw_section.png

Preferences files is located at :OS drive:\Users\<Your user account>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences, Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs.

Please let me know if you still have problem.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.
            Smolnar18 Level 1

Thanks, Sarika, I'll try that, but have a couple of questions first:

1) Are you saying this will remove the passwords from my actual email accounts, or are my passwords somehow "known" by Lightroom and it's only LR's email passwords I'm removing?

2) You said I need to reset the passwords in email account manager.  Is this my actual email accounts or is this, again, in Lightroom?  If it's in LR, where is the "email account manager" where I go to reset these passwords?

Thanks, again,

Suenewbie

• 3. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.

Its just going to alter things in Lightroom.

You just need to reset things in Lightroom, its not going to change your existing email password but all you need to do is to setup the email account again in Lightroom.

~ Sarika

• 4. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.
                Smolnar18 Level 1

OK, cool.  But how do I set up the email account in LR?  Sorry to be slow...this is new to me and I've been trying so many different ways to solve this problem, I'm not sure how to actually set up my email account in LR now.

• 5. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.
                  Smolnar18 Level 1

So, I deleted that text and saved the file.  Restarted LR, then used the instructions I listed in my original post above to try to set up my email again.  It didn't work and, in fact, LR stopped working at the same point with the error, "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

Your instructions had the delete starting just AFTER the bracket ( [ ) which is how I deleted it, leaving that bracket in place.  Should that bracket also be deleted?

Any idea what my next steps should be?

Thanks,

Suenewbie

• 6. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.

Lets try creating the preferences file altogether..

Hold the shift + alt key while launching Lightroom and you will see a dialog box to reset its preferences.

~ Sarika

• 7. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.
                      Smolnar18 Level 1

UPDATE:  I checked that file again, and somehow the text had not been deleted.  So I made sure it was deleted, used the instructions I listed in the original post above, and got it all working. 

You are a genius, Sarika!  Thank you so much for solving this problem for me!

Suenewbie

• 8. Re: LR 6.3 Desktop - ERROR ON EXPORT TO EMAIL.

You are welcome.

Glad to know its working

Thanks for your efforts too.

~ Sarika