4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2017 8:57 PM by eltito5

Invalid Disc name

purplebeast357

I just downloaded PE 14 and went to burn a DVD and I came up with "Invalid Disc Name" under Status.  I'm running Windows 10 and haven't had any problems burning discs from other programs.  Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?

• 1. Re: Invalid Disc name
          A.T. Romano Level 7

purplebeast

Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit).

Are you trying to burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

What do you have for

Type = Disc?

Image Name = Adobe default name as numbers?

Destination = Burner name and drive letter?

Does your computer use an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer video card/graphics card? If not, disable the preference for it found in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. That preference is named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)"

Are you looking at the tryout or a purchased Premiere Elements 14? Both are full featured, but I am thinking ahead to a possible uninstall/reinstall.

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...has this burn to ever worked for you in this Premiere Elements 14 or earlier? Is this the first time using the 14 export?

• 2. Re: Invalid Disc name
            pgauba Adobe Employee

Please check the Disc Name field.

This status is for if the Disc Name is blank or only spaces are there.

• 3. Re: Invalid Disc name
              johng55392956

I have same problem. The Disc Name field is not blank and has no blank spaces. I tried limiting the name to 8 characters, all caps, all letters, all numbers, and it still tells me the disc name is invalid without giving me a clue as to WHY it's invalid.

• 4. Re: Invalid Disc name
                eltito5

I was in trouble and I couldn't get any help nowhere, but most all the time some one may need same help so I fix my problem, after I know any app can control your PC so I just disconnected from Internet then I did not get that message anymore invalid disc name I put any name and the burn bottom said ready, finally I burned my bluray disc.