6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 3:28 PM by JimHess

Folders disappeared

bnog

I printed a picture from a folder that had 70 images that I imported. After I printed the picture I clicked on the create a saved picture option that was saved in the smart collection. One picture saved, the other 69 gone. No folder in the left panel. Tried to import them again with no luck. Someday Adobe is going to make a product that is more user friendly.

• 1. Re: Folders disappeared
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Right-click on the one image that is in the smart collection and choose to go to the folder in the library. That will take you from the collection back to the folder, and all of your images should be visible.

• 2. Re: Folders disappeared
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If the smart collection is selected, or for that matter any collection or selecting a keyword, only images in that smart collection, Collection or having that keyword selected show up in the library film strip or in the grid view.

All your images are still in the same folder you placed them in when you imported them or before you imported them.

• 3. Re: Folders disappeared
              bnog Level 1

Thanks. It worked for one folder, but the other folder keeps wanting to position itself in my Mac hard drive, instead of the external hard drive where I import my photos from.

• 4. Re: Folders disappeared

bnog wrote:

Thanks. It worked for one folder, but the other folder keeps wanting to position itself in my Mac hard drive, instead of the external hard drive where I import my photos from.

What exactly do you mean by the statement above? When you import images into the LR catalog you can get up to 4 options. Add, Copy, Copy As DNG and Move depending on where the images file are. Add if they are already on a hard drive connected to your system or a network drive. Copy and Copy as DNG if they are on memory card or on a hard drive and you want to make a copy of them to another drive. And Move mainly if the file are already on a hard drive and you want to move them to another drive or another folder on the same drive. Some of these options aren't available all the time depending on where the images are.

All of this is USER Select-able, up to the User to chose which one they want to use. LR does have a default location to copy images to when getting them from a Memory card but that can be changed in the Destination area.

I suggest you view some online tutorials for using LR. Specifically importing images into LR.

• 5. Re: Folders disappeared

What is the Export setting set to for storing exported images. There is an option to export to original folder.

• 6. Re: Folders disappeared
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bnog wrote:

The other folder cannot "position itself" anywhere. You control where that folder is placed when you import your images. I think you don't fully understand the import process and the planning that should go into importing.