3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 1:50 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Clone a project

pablob62939409

i was wondering on the old app it was posible to clone a project but on the new app i can duplicate the files within the same project but im unable to pass it to the new empty project.

thanks

• 1. Re: Clone a project
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Pablo,

There is currently no way to move canvases between projects or to duplicate a canvas from one project and place it in another project.

Would it work to copy the image to your clipboard (while in one canvas) and paste it to the Photo Layer on a canvas in another project? I know it's not the same thing, but if you just need the image in there, it might work.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Clone a project
            pablob62939409 Level 1

I tried once but the layers get merged, i uploaded one as a psd to the cc and downloaded but also changed the white into a light beige background. Its a shame because on the older version before updating it into the one with the adobe line brushes, i could duplicate all the project, but now no only what you say and what i know, its a shame it was actually a really cool feature. i try find the old version but not even on my old back ups I've got it because in any case all is synchronise on cc so but i was unable.

thanks in any case.

• 3. Re: Clone a project
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Pablo,

But, even in Line, weren't you only able to paste onto the background and then draw on top of it?

I'm sorry I can't help with a solution. I'll pass the request on to the team. Many people would like to be able to move drawings between projects.

Sue.