28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 3:05 PM by A.T. Romano

I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

bobh17712123 Level 1

I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error. I've never had trouble with Premiere Elements, but since getting 13 I've had this happen more and more.

Any "dumb user" things I should be checking"

• 1. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bobh

What computer operating system is involved? For now, I am assuming Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer (7.7.8 or 7.7.6 if Windows 10)? And, are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)? For good measure, right click the desktop icon for Premiere Elements, select and apply Run As Administrator.

Is your computer's video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacture of the card? Important: If not Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher, have you disabled the preference for it in preferences? See Edit Menu/Preferences/General and "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics and higher)".

Make sure that you have enough free hard drive space wherever the Encoded Files Folder is located. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and the Disk Encoding category.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 2. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
            bobh17712123 Level 1

Wow! Yes Wibdows 10 and will review all the great tips. Many thanks. I've

used premiere for years in other versions and this is the first thing I

couldn't solve. Many thanks!

On Saturday, November 28, 2015, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bobh

Thanks for the reply and thank you for considering the suggestions.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits, and I am keeping a position thought that one or more may be the solution you seek.

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions or clarification on your Premiere Elements issues.

ATR

• 4. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                bobh17712123 Level 1

Windows 10.

Updated to Premiere Elements 13.1

Have QT 7.7.8

Video card is Intel HD 4400

Will endeavor to burn something today. thanks for the tips again!

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                  bobh17712123 Level 1

Same error as before. DVD Burn Interrupted. Something is preventing a

successful DVD burn. I'm able to create any kind of file, AVI, MPG, etc.,

so may just buy another burning software because I've ruined about a dozen

discs now trying every configuration on Elements 13 that I can get.

Frustrated.

Thanks for your advice, though. I appreciate the help.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 5:38 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

bobh

Thanks for the replies.

1. There have been problems with Apple QuickTime 7 latest version (7.7.8) and Windows 10 64 bit.

Is your Windows 10 64 bit = Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro? Please try QuickTime 7.7.6 instead. It is not the latest version of QuickTime 7, but it will meet the Premiere Elements QuickTime 7 System Requirement.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

2. Please confirm - you have looked at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher preference enabled.

3. Go to the Encoding Files Folder (by default in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0), and delete the whole Encoding Files Folder.

4. Have we established if you can do a burn to folder if not a burn to disc? If we have not, please try the burn to folder with this current Timeline content. If that also does not work, then use the burn to folder instead of burn to disc for the troubleshooting in order to save discs. Once it works in burn to folder, then we will confirm the results in burn to disc.

5. If you open a new project, import the same source media, and try for the burn to disc, same problems?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                      r gordons79595402 Level 1

I have the same issue and ISO file never gets created either.  What to do?

• 8. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

r gordons

Can we assume that you are using Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Did you read this entire thread and see included

Is your computer's video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacture of the card? Important: If not Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher, have you disabled the preference for it in preferences? See Edit Menu/Preferences/General and "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics and higher)".

But if you are using Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows and are producing a AVCHD or Blu-ray .iso file greater than 1 GB, then you do not want to be using an ISO Image burn to choice.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/01/pe-13-iso-image-file-size-issue.html

What are you trying to product - DVD-VIDEO, AVCHD, or Blu-ray ISO Image?

Please consider and give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

Yes, 13.1, Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit. Intel HD 4600 graphics, up to date as of 11/1.  This computer is basically brand new.

I have a movie of about 1.8 GB, 23 minutes.  Burning to DVD+R as a widescreen Dolby dvd  UTSC of course.

• 11. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

r gordons

Back to my comment....

Please look at the burn to with and without this preference disabled irregardless of the fact that your computer is using Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Thanks.

ATR

Add on: Do you have success with Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and burn to Folder (4.7 GB) whereas you do not with burn to ISO Image 4.7 GB?

• 12. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

Yes, all is up to date.  I tried earlier disabling the acceleration and had the same result.  PE 13.1 won't record/burn an ISO either, even though the program says it has done so.  I can produce an MPEG of the movie on the hard drive.  No ISO however.

• 13. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

r gordons

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD burn to choices....

Please remind me...have you been able to do and find the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) although you cannot do and find the burn to ISO Image (4.7 GB)?

I have looked through this thread and have not found that information.

More after that....

ATR

• 14. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

Kind of.  On the error the system says click here to go to the ISO folder.  That defaults to My Documents and there is no ISO.   In fact there is no ISO on my entire computer.

I can find the MPEG created but I can never find the ISO.

Is it supposed to be some folder other than My Documents?  I told it to save it to Videos and it didn't do that either.

This is frustrating.  PE 13 is frustrating.  Would PE14 make any difference?

• 15. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

r gordons

Thanks for the reply.

Important.

Are you using Premiere Elements 13/13.1? It has been my understanding that you are. If you are, you have 5 options for burn to for Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD

a. Folder (4.7 GB)

b. Folder (8.5 GB)

c. ISO Image (4.7 GB)

d. ISO Image (8.5 GB)

e. Disc

It is important to the troubleshooting to know if you can do either

a. Folder (4.7 GB)

or

b. Folder (8.5 GB)

and find the folder from the process at the hard drive location that you designated. I have not seen the answer for that yet.

14 is not indicated until we work out the details in 13/13.1. And, if we cannot, then 14 would be indicated to try to determine if the problem resides in the version or in the computer. By the book, 14 should not make a difference in what you are describing. The major advantage in 14 is, if you want to do Blu-ray or AVCHD ISO Image, it works if the .iso produced is over 1 GB which is not the case in 13/13.1. And, 14 no longer offers a burn to folder.

ATR

• 16. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

No need for Blu Ray here.

No, I cannot find the file or folder when I used a. Folder (4.7GB)

Yes, 13.1

Thanks

RGS

• 17. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

RGS

Thanks for following up on the suggestions. By the book, the Hardware Acceleration preference should have resolved this folder and/or iso not found issue. But, it has not.

How much free space does your Local Disk C have?

At this point, please consider

Uninstall of Premiere Elements 13 the usual Control Panel way

Run through of the free ccleaner (regular and registry cleaning parts)  CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled

Only after you are sure that 13 is working correctly, then download and install the 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Please consider. Any questions before you start, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 18. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

1.6 TB free space.

I will try the uninstall and redo

Will advise.

RGS

• 19. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

RGS

Thanks.

Looking forward to the outcome when your schedule permits.

I will think about this some more.

ATR

• 20. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

I give up.  I cannot figure out why this program won't work.

I did as you suggested.  Total clean and reinstall.  I ran an ISO 4.7GB and the program did not create an ISO and I have no ISO files on the computer so it didn't create one that I can find.  I tried to burning to a real disc as well.  I received an error message that the burn rate was too slow for this file.  What is that all about?

It, however, apparently created a bunch of files and wrote them to ENCODED FILES>SECQUENCE2>DVD

This folder contains .xmp and movie clips but I can't use them for anything that I can determine.

Is there some way I can send you screen captures?

I am using the 64bit version.

RGS

• 21. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

RGS

As mentioned over and over this has all the symptoms of goings on between the Hardware Acceleration preference and the video card graphics card. But the fix for that is just not working.

It is frustrating and time consuming for you, but do you have any more time to look at troubleshooting based on  Premiere Elements 14 tryout comparison? From a troubleshooting point of view only, it would be a win win situation....14 works, then the result points to 13/13.1 or 14 also does not work and that points to the computer. The Publish+Share/Disc/DVD that you know in 13/13.1 is now Export & Share/Disc/DVD. Version 14 no longer has a burn to folder option. It offers burn to disc or to ISO Image. The good news about 14 is that its burn to iso file is no longer flawed by file size as it is in 13/13.1. There is still the Hardware Acceleration preference to contend with.

If you have screen captures as jpeg to send, see the how to for that

The specified item was not found.

If you have video captures, I can tell you how to do that with Google Drive. I do not use Dropbox which some like to use for such sendings.

Do not send anything that would invade your privacy since this is a public forum.

Please do not be discouraged, let us see if the above has any merits at getting at the core of this matter.

Thank you.

ATR

• 22. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                                  pgauba Adobe Employee

As mentioned by A.T.Romano suggested -

"Please look at the burn to with and without this preference disabled irregardless of the fact that your computer is using Intel HD Graphics 4600."

Please relaunch Premiere Elements after disabling "Hardware Acceleration" option and then try.

• 23. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

I finished my project yesterday with a competitor's product without incident.l

I tried the two runs on a very small file this morning.  both created an ISO file where it said it would be.  That is, 4.7gb furn to ISO with acceleration, and one without acceleration.  I will try using the larger file later today and report results.

RGS

• 24. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

RGS

Please remind me, what are the file size and duration of the Timeline content that was an iso success in Premiere Elements, and what are the file size and duration of the Timeline content that was not iso success?

Are you looking at the smaller file size with just a different file recorded with a shorter duration? Or are you taking your original file and cutting it into smaller portions and then testing the smaller portions? Sounds like you are using a file recorded with a shorter duration. Just wanted to be sure.

ATR

• 25. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

ATR

Small, the last test was 14 seconds of video.

The other one that caused me to write was 22 mintues, about 1.7 GB

They are two completely different files.

RGS

• 26. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

RG5

Thanks for the follow up.

Did you have time to do the Premiere Elements iso produce/find tests with different source files greater than 14 seconds and closer to 22 minutes?

Did you have any success in Premiere Elements cutting the 22 minute file into smaller sizes and exporting the smaller segments of it?

Selective export...

a. place gray tabs of Work Area Bar to span just the segment for export

and

b. in the export area, have a check mark next to option "Share Work Area Bar Only".

ATR

• 27. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.

ATR

I am back.

I ran the full 22 minute clip with no acceleration and got a bunch of files that make no sense in the folder I mentioned above, ENCODED FILES>SECQUENCE2>DVD

I then changed one little bit of clip and ran it with acceleration and got the ISO in the folder I chose.  This is a success (finally).

I will keep this thread and post again if I have more trouble.  I haven't burned a DVD yet so I will try that today.

Thanks for your help.

RGS

• 28. Re: I keep getting DVD Burn interrupted error.
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

RGS

Just got back to my home computer after traveling since Friday.

Great news about the success of your burn to iso image. Great job.

You wrote

I ran the full 22 minute clip with no acceleration and got a bunch of files that make no sense in the folder I mentioned above, ENCODED FILES>SECQUENCE2>DVD

What you found were the temporary files for the disc encoding. You do not want them. That does not represent the.iso file that you want and which will be represented as a single file with an .iso file extension and found in the save location that you designated.

Wonderful when you wrote

I then changed one little bit of clip and ran it with acceleration and got the ISO in the folder I chose.  This is a success (finally).

Hardware Acceleration enabled was consistent with your particular Intel HD Graphics video card/graphic card (Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher). Next time you post, it will be interesting to know what you did "changed one little bit of clip".

But, right now, all is go. That is great.

If you need supplemental information moving forwards with your projects, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes

ATR