4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 4:02 PM by sarsaxen

I am trying to install Lightroom CC.

Craig Larsen

I am trying to install Lightroom CC.  I am receiving the following error message: "The Lighroom catalog cannot be used because the parent folder "/Users/craiglarsen2020" does not allow files to be created within it.  please either fix the folder permissions before continuing or choose a different catalog."  Underneath this statement I have the choice of three buttons.  1) Choose a different catalog (which seems like the logical choice - but when I click on it it takes me to a separate window, but there are no catalogs (I am installing for the first time - confusing)in that window there are two buttons below one stating "Create a New Catalog" - does nothing and 2) "Choose a different catalog" - which leads me to the Lightroom folder which has no folder but will not allow me to create one.  I know this is long winded and i appreciate in advance any assistance

• 1. Re: I am trying to install Lightroom CC.
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Fix the folder permissions. Give your Username full Read & Write permissions.

• 2. Re: I am trying to install Lightroom CC.
            sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Craig Larsen,

Please try to give permission to following location :

User Library

• Go to finder > Click on Go> Select Go to folder
            • Type ~/Library
            • Go to Application Support > Adobe
            • Right click on Adobe >>Get info>>Click on the lock>>Enter password
            • Under Permissions(at very bottom)
            • Give all entries Read and write access
            • If you see your user name missing there click on the + sign add it and give read and write access.

System Library

• Go to finder > Click on Go > Select Go to folder
            • Type /Library
            • Go to Application Support>Adobe
            • Right click on Adobe >>Get info>>Click on the lock>>Enter password
            • If you see your user name missing there click on the + sign add it and give read and write access.

Lightroom Application

• Go to finder > Click on Go > Select Application
            • Right click on Adobe Lightroom>>Get info>>Click on the lock>>Enter password

Please let us know if you are working on a Windows computer.

Regards

Sarika

• 3. Re: I am trying to install Lightroom CC.
              Craig Larsen Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my challenge.  I followed your directions to the letter and I am still getting the same response.  I have been doing everything in PS and then going back and forth on my old Pro Mac.  In the 20 years I have been using Adobe products (all versions of Lightroom) I have never encountered this type of challenge.  The tough part is I have been paying for BOTH PS and LR for the last 3-4 months without full usage.

• 4. Re: I am trying to install Lightroom CC.
                sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

I have sent you a personal message.

Please check and reply.