1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 8:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premier elements 14 downloads my video but converts it as audio only, no video

leonard973

When importing my videos from my camera to Adobe premier elements 14, it downloads but converts it as audio only and no video. But when I open it on windows media player the video plays. What's wrong? I have Pentax q camera. Sorry I'm new with APE14. Please advice. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe premier elements 14 downloads my video but converts it as audio only, no video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

leonard973

What computer operating system is involved with the Premiere Elements 14 program?

I looked at the video specifications for the Pentax q, and it appears that your video is AVCHD.mov. which should be supported by Premiere Elements 14.

But, do you have QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 14? And are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

Windows before 10, download and install QuickTime 7.7.8   QuickTime - Download - Apple

Windows 10, download and install QuickTime 7.7.6  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

I will revisit your thread in the morning to find out if the lack of a QuickTime install was the cause of your problem. If not, we will explore other troubleshooting paths based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR